The costs of electricity interruptions in Spain. Are we sending the right signals?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Linares, Pedro & Rey, Luis, 2013. "The costs of electricity interruptions in Spain. Are we sending the right signals?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 751-760.
References listed on IDEAS
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Müller, Christine & Wissner, Matthias, 2010. "Social cost-efficient service quality--Integrating customer valuation in incentive regulation: Evidence from the case of Norway," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2536-2544, May.
- Karen Fisher-Vanden & Erin T. Mansur & Qiong (Juliana) Wang, 2012. "Costly Blackouts? Measuring Productivity and Environmental Effects of Electricity Shortages," NBER Working Papers 17741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Nooij, Michiel & Koopmans, Carl & Bijvoet, Carlijn, 2007. "The value of supply security: The costs of power interruptions: Economic input for damage reduction and investment in networks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 277-295, March.
- Leahy, Eimear & Tol, Richard S.J., 2011. "An estimate of the value of lost load for Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1514-1520, March.
- Blázquez-Gómez, Leticia & Grifell-Tatjé, Emili, 2011. "Evaluating the regulator: Winners and losers in the regulation of Spanish electricity distribution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 807-815, September.
- Batlle, Carlos & Vazquez, Carlos & Rivier, Michel & Perez-Arriaga, Ignacio J., 2007. "Enhancing power supply adequacy in Spain: Migrating from capacity payments to reliability options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4545-4554, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alastaire Sèna ALINSATO, 2015. "Economic Valuation of Electrical Service Reliability for Households’ in Developing Country: A Censored Random Coefficient Model Approach," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 352-359.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:76-91 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clementina Bruno & Ugo Finardi & Azahara Lorite-Espejo & Elena Ragazzi, 2016. "Emerging costs deriving from blackouts for individual firms: evidence from an Italian case study," quaderni IRCrES 201601, Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY - former Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Marcos Perroni & Luciano Luiz Dalazen & Wesley Vieira da Silva & Sergio Eduardo Gouvêa da Costa & Claudimar Pereira da Veiga, 2015. "Evolution of Risks for Energy Companies from the Energy Efficiency Perspective: The Brazilian Case," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 612-623.
- Abrate, Graziano & Bruno, Clementina & Erbetta, Fabrizio & Fraquelli, Giovanni & Lorite-Espejo, Azahara, 2016. "A choice experiment on the willingness of households to accept power outages," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(PB), pages 151-164.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:646-655 is not listed on IDEAS
- Castro, Rui & Faias, Sérgio & Esteves, Jorge, 2016. "The cost of electricity interruptions in Portugal: Valuing lost load by applying the production-function approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 48-57.
- Elie Bouri & Joseph El Assad, 2016. "The Lebanese Electricity Woes: An Estimation of the Economical Costs of Power Interruptions," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-12, July.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:111:y:2017:i:c:p:255-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zidan, Aboelsood & El-Saadany, E.F., 2015. "Incorporating customers' reliability requirements and interruption characteristics in service restoration plans for distribution systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 192-200.
- Kim, Kayoung & Cho, Youngsang, 2017. "Estimation of power outage costs in the industrial sector of South Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 236-245.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:41-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khan, Zarrar & Linares, Pedro & García-González, Javier, 2016. "Adaptation to climate-induced regional water constraints in the Spanish energy sector: An integrated assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 123-135.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:169-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolf, André & Wenzel, Lars, 2015.
"Welfare implications of power rationing: An application to Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 53-62.
- Wenzel, Lars & Wolf, André, 2014. "Welfare implications of power rationing: An application to Germany," HWWI Research Papers 148, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Bhagwat, Pradyumna C. & Richstein, Jörn C. & Chappin, Emile J.L. & de Vries, Laurens J., 2016. "The effectiveness of a strategic reserve in the presence of a high portfolio share of renewable energy sources," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 13-28.
- Iychettira, Kaveri K. & Hakvoort, Rudi A. & Linares, Pedro & de Jeu, Rob, 2017. "Towards a comprehensive policy for electricity from renewable energy: Designing for social welfare," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 228-242.
- Wolf, André & Wenzel, Lars, 2016.
"Regional diversity in the costs of electricity outages: Results for German counties,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(PB), pages 195-205.
- Piaszeck, Simon & Wenzel, Lars & Wolf, André, 2013. "Regional diversity in the costs of electricity outages: Results for German counties," HWWI Research Papers 142, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Saastamoinen, Antti & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2016. "Quality frontier of electricity distribution: Supply security, best practices, and underground cabling in Finland," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 281-292.
- Rahmatallah Poudineh and Tooraj Jamasb, 2017. "Electricity Supply Interruptions: Sectoral Interdependencies and the Cost of Energy Not Served for the Scottish Economy," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy security; electricity interruptions; value of lost load; Spain;
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-05-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-05-15 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:efe:wpaper:fa05-2012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pablo Pintos). General contact details of provider: http://eforenergy.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.