The costs of electricity interruptions in Spain. Are we sending the right signals?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Linares, Pedro & Rey, Luis, 2013. "The costs of electricity interruptions in Spain. Are we sending the right signals?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 751-760.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leahy, Eimear & Tol, Richard S.J., 2011. "An estimate of the value of lost load for Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1514-1520, March.
- Growitsch, Christian & Jamasb, Tooraj & Müller, Christine & Wissner, Matthias, 2010. "Social cost-efficient service quality--Integrating customer valuation in incentive regulation: Evidence from the case of Norway," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2536-2544, May.
- Blázquez-Gómez, Leticia & Grifell-Tatjé, Emili, 2011. "Evaluating the regulator: Winners and losers in the regulation of Spanish electricity distribution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 807-815.
- Karen Fisher-Vanden & Erin T. Mansur & Qiong (Juliana) Wang, 2012. "Costly Blackouts? Measuring Productivity and Environmental Effects of Electricity Shortages," NBER Working Papers 17741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Batlle, Carlos & Vazquez, Carlos & Rivier, Michel & Perez-Arriaga, Ignacio J., 2007. "Enhancing power supply adequacy in Spain: Migrating from capacity payments to reliability options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4545-4554, September.
- de Nooij, Michiel & Koopmans, Carl & Bijvoet, Carlijn, 2007. "The value of supply security: The costs of power interruptions: Economic input for damage reduction and investment in networks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 277-295.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alastaire Sèna ALINSATO, 2015. "Economic Valuation of Electrical Service Reliability for Households’ in Developing Country: A Censored Random Coefficient Model Approach," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, pages 352-359.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:76-91 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clementina Bruno & Ugo Finardi & Azahara Lorite-Espejo & Elena Ragazzi, 2016. "Emerging costs deriving from blackouts for individual firms: evidence from an Italian case study," quaderni IRCrES 201601, Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY - former Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Marcos Perroni & Luciano Luiz Dalazen & Wesley Vieira da Silva & Sergio Eduardo Gouvêa da Costa & Claudimar Pereira da Veiga, 2015. "Evolution of Risks for Energy Companies from the Energy Efficiency Perspective: The Brazilian Case," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, pages 612-623.
- Abrate, Graziano & Bruno, Clementina & Erbetta, Fabrizio & Fraquelli, Giovanni & Lorite-Espejo, Azahara, 2016. "A choice experiment on the willingness of households to accept power outages," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, pages 151-164.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:646-655 is not listed on IDEAS
- Castro, Rui & Faias, Sérgio & Esteves, Jorge, 2016. "The cost of electricity interruptions in Portugal: Valuing lost load by applying the production-function approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, pages 48-57.
- Elie Bouri & Joseph El Assad, 2016. "The Lebanese Electricity Woes: An Estimation of the Economical Costs of Power Interruptions," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-12, July.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:111:y:2017:i:c:p:255-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zidan, Aboelsood & El-Saadany, E.F., 2015. "Incorporating customers' reliability requirements and interruption characteristics in service restoration plans for distribution systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 192-200.
- Kim, Kayoung & Cho, Youngsang, 2017. "Estimation of power outage costs in the industrial sector of South Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 236-245.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:41-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khan, Zarrar & Linares, Pedro & García-González, Javier, 2016. "Adaptation to climate-induced regional water constraints in the Spanish energy sector: An integrated assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 123-135.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:169-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolf, André & Wenzel, Lars, 2015.
"Welfare implications of power rationing: An application to Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 53-62.
- Wenzel, Lars & Wolf, André, 2014. "Welfare implications of power rationing: An application to Germany," HWWI Research Papers 148, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Bhagwat, Pradyumna C. & Richstein, Jörn C. & Chappin, Emile J.L. & de Vries, Laurens J., 2016. "The effectiveness of a strategic reserve in the presence of a high portfolio share of renewable energy sources," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, pages 13-28.
- Iychettira, Kaveri K. & Hakvoort, Rudi A. & Linares, Pedro & de Jeu, Rob, 2017. "Towards a comprehensive policy for electricity from renewable energy: Designing for social welfare," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 228-242.
- Piaszeck, Simon & Wenzel, Lars & Wolf, André, 2013. "Regional diversity in the costs of electricity outages: Results for German counties," HWWI Research Papers 142, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Saastamoinen, Antti & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2016. "Quality frontier of electricity distribution: Supply security, best practices, and underground cabling in Finland," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 281-292.
- Wolf, André & Wenzel, Lars, 2016. "Regional diversity in the costs of electricity outages: Results for German counties," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, pages 195-205.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy security; electricity interruptions; value of lost load; Spain;
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-05-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-05-15 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:efe:wpaper:fa05-2012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pablo Pintos). General contact details of provider: http://eforenergy.org .