The Costs of Power Interruptions in Germany - an Assessment in the Light of the Energiewende
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Growitsch & Raimund Malischek & Sebastian Nick & Heike Wetzel, 2015. "The Costs of Power Interruptions in Germany: A Regional and Sectoral Analysis," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 16(3), pages 307-323, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Nooij, Michiel & Lieshout, Rogier & Koopmans, Carl, 2009. "Optimal blackouts: Empirical results on reducing the social cost of electricity outages through efficient regional rationing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 342-347, May.
- de Nooij, Michiel & Koopmans, Carl & Bijvoet, Carlijn, 2007. "The value of supply security: The costs of power interruptions: Economic input for damage reduction and investment in networks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 277-295, March.
- Leahy, Eimear & Tol, Richard S.J., 2011. "An estimate of the value of lost load for Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1514-1520, March.
- Serra, Pablo & Fierro, Gabriel, 1997. "Outage costs in Chilean industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 417-434, October.
- LaCommare, Kristina Hamachi & Eto, Joseph H., 2006. "Cost of power interruptions to electricity consumers in the United States (US)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1845-1855.
- Praktiknjo, Aaron J. & Hähnel, Alexander & Erdmann, Georg, 2011. "Assessing energy supply security: Outage costs in private households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7825-7833.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertsch, Joachim & Brown, Tom & Hagspiel, Simeon & Just, Lisa, 2016. "The relevance of grid expansion under zonal markets," EWI Working Papers 2015-7, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Becker, Sophia & Schober, Dominik & Wassermann, Sandra, 2016. "How to approach consumers’ nonmonetary evaluation of electricity supply security? The case of Germany from a multidisciplinary perspective," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 74-84.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:41-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aaron Praktiknjo, 2016. "The Value of Lost Load for Sectoral Load Shedding Measures: The German Case with 51 Sectors," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-17, February.
- Hagspiel, Simeon, 2016. "Supply Chain Reliability and the Role of Individual Suppliers," EWI Working Papers 2016-5, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Henning Thiesen & Clemens Jauch & Arne Gloe, 2016. "Design of a System Substituting Today’s Inherent Inertia in the European Continental Synchronous Area," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-12, July.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:2:p:116:d:64126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Castro, Rui & Faias, Sérgio & Esteves, Jorge, 2016. "The cost of electricity interruptions in Portugal: Valuing lost load by applying the production-function approach," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 48-57.
- Wolf, André & Wenzel, Lars, 2015.
"Welfare implications of power rationing: An application to Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 53-62.
- Wenzel, Lars & Wolf, André, 2014. "Welfare implications of power rationing: An application to Germany," HWWI Research Papers 148, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-5-just is not listed on IDEAS
- Keles, Dogan & Bublitz, Andreas & Zimmermann, Florian & Genoese, Massimo & Fichtner, Wolf, 2016. "Analysis of design options for the electricity market: The German case," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 884-901.
- Wolf, André & Wenzel, Lars, 2016.
"Regional diversity in the costs of electricity outages: Results for German counties,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(PB), pages 195-205.
- Piaszeck, Simon & Wenzel, Lars & Wolf, André, 2013. "Regional diversity in the costs of electricity outages: Results for German counties," HWWI Research Papers 142, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Frondel, Manuel & Sommer, Stephan, 2017. "Der Wert von Versorgungssicherheit mit Strom: Evidenz für deutsche Haushalte," RWI Materialien 115, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
More about this item
KeywordsSecurity of Supply; Value of Lost Load (VoLL); German Energiewende; Electricity outage costs;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ewikln:2013_007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Williams). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ewikode.html .