Is Government Ownership of Banks Really Harmful to Growth?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Svetlana Andrianova & Panicos Demetriades & Anja Shortland, 2010. "Is Government Ownership of Banks Really Harmful to Growth?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 987, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Panicos Demetriades & Svetlana Andrianova & Anja Shortland, 2009. "Is Government Ownership of Banks Really Harmful to Growth?," Discussion Papers in Economics 09/11, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Dec 2009.
References listed on IDEAS
- Delano Villanueva & Abbas Mirakhor, 1990. "Strategies for Financial Reforms: Interest Rate Policies, Stabilization, and Bank Supervision in Developing Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(3), pages 509-536, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gutierrez, Eva & Rudolph, Heinz P. & Homa, Theodore & Beneit, Enrique Blanco, 2011. "Development banks : role and mechanisms to increase their efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5729, The World Bank.
- Voszka, Éva, 2015.
"Államosítás, privatizáció és gazdaságpolitika - a főirány széttöredezése
[Nationalization and privatization - in the shadow of changing paradigms of economic policy]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 717-748.
- Farazi Subika & Feyen Erik & Rocha Roberto, 2013. "Bank Ownership and Performance in the Middle East and North Africa Region," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 159-196, August.
- Vernikov, Andrei, 2011. "Government Banking in Russia: Magnitude and New Features," IWH Discussion Papers 13/2011, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Brei, Michael & Schclarek, Alfredo, 2013. "Public bank lending in times of crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 820-830.
- Körner, Tobias & Schnabel, Isabel, 2010.
"Public Ownership of Banks and Economic Growth - The Role of Heterogeneity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8138, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tobias Körner & Isabel Schnabel, 2010. "Public Ownership of Banks and Economic Growth – The Role of Heterogeneity," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_41, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Király, Júlia, 2016.
"A magyar bankrendszer tulajdonosi struktúrájának átalakulása
[Transformation of the ownership structure of the Hungarian banking system]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 725-761.
- Gelb, Alan & Tordo, Silvana & Halland, Havard & Arfaa, Noora & Smith, Gregory, 2014. "Sovereign wealth funds and long-term development finance : risks and opportunities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6776, The World Bank.
- Marco Pedrotti, 2014. "Model for the Interest Margin of a Risk-Neutral Bank. The Role of the Bank Orientation," Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises, vol. 3(1), pages 167-180, June.
- Xiao, Sheng & Zhao, Shan, 2012. "Financial development, government ownership of banks and firm innovation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 880-906.
- Guodong Chen & Yi Wu, 2014. "Bank Ownership and Credit Growth in Emerging Markets During and After the 2008–09 Financial Crisis — A Cross-Regional Comparison," IMF Working Papers 14/171, International Monetary Fund.
- Jesus R Gonzalez-Garcia & Francesco Grigoli, 2013. "State-Owned Banks and Fiscal Discipline," IMF Working Papers 13/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Malleson, Tom, 2014. "After Occupy: Economic Democracy for the 21st Century," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199330102.
- M. Brei & L. Jacolin & A. Noah, 2018. "Credit risk and bank competition in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working papers 664, Banque de France.
- Marie Luise Funke & Helena Xiang Li & Horst Löchel, 2016. "The High Profitability of Big Chinese State-Owned Banks and China’s Growth Model," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 121-134, August.
More about this item
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-07-03 (Banking)
- NEP-FDG-2009-07-03 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:edb:cedidp:09-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarmistha Pal) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cedibuk.html .