Asymmetric Power Distribution: Theory and Applications to Risk Measurement
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ivana Komunjer, 2007. "Asymmetric power distribution: Theory and applications to risk measurement," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(5), pages 891-921.
References listed on IDEAS
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2005.
"Quasi-maximum likelihood estimation for conditional quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 137-164, September.
- Komunjer, Ivana, 2002. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Conditional Quantiles," Working Papers 1139, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- M. S. Feldstein, 1969. "Mean-Variance Analysis in the Theory of Liquidity Preference and Portfolio Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 5-12.
- Giot, Pierre & Laurent, Sebastien, 2004.
"Modelling daily Value-at-Risk using realized volatility and ARCH type models,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 379-398, June.
- Giot Pierre & Laurent Sebastien, 2001. "Modelling daily value-at-risk using realized volatility and arch type models," Research Memorandum 014, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- GIOT, Pierre & LAURENT, Sébastien, 2004. "Modelling daily Value-at-Risk using realized volatility and ARCH type models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1708, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Giot & Sébastien Laurent, 2002. "Modelling Daily Value-at-Risk Using Realized Volatility and ARCH Type Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 52, Society for Computational Economics.
- Keith Kuester & Stefan Mittnik & Marc S. Paolella, 2006. "Value-at-Risk Prediction: A Comparison of Alternative Strategies," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(1), pages 53-89.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd, 1998. "The moving blocks bootstrap and robust inference for linear least squares and quantile regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 235-287, February.
- G. Hanoch & H. Levy, 1969. "The Efficiency Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 335-346.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
- Andrews, Donald W.K., 1986. "Empirical process methods in econometrics," Handbook of Econometrics,in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 37, pages 2247-2294 Elsevier.
- Olivier SCAILLET, 2004. "Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional Expected Shortfall," FAME Research Paper Series rp112, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Kjersti Aas & Ingrid Hobaek Haff, 2006. "The Generalized Hyperbolic Skew Student's t-Distribution," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(2), pages 275-309.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haas Markus, 2010. "Skew-Normal Mixture and Markov-Switching GARCH Processes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-56, September.
- Jin-Ray Lu & Chiang-Chang Hwang & Yi-Chun Chen & Chu-Ting Wen, 2013. "Including More Information Content to Enhance the Value at Risk Estimation for Real Estate Investment Trusts," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(3), pages 25-34, July.
- Li, Xiao-Ming & Rose, Lawrence C., 2009. "The tail risk of emerging stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 242-256, December.
- Douch, Mohamed & Farooq, Omar & Bouaddi, Mohammed, 2015. "Stock price synchronicity and tails of return distribution," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-11.
- Yu, Dalei & Bai, Peng & Ding, Chang, 2015. "Adjusted quasi-maximum likelihood estimator for mixed regressive, spatial autoregressive model and its small sample bias," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 116-135.
- Mendoza-Velázquez, Alfonso & Galvanovskis, Evalds, 2009. "Introducing the GED-Copula with an application to Financial Contagion in Latin America," MPRA Paper 46669, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2010.
- Zhu, Dongming & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria, 2009.
"Properties and estimation of asymmetric exponential power distribution,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 86-99, January.
- ZHU, Dongming & ZINDE-WALSH, Victoria, 2007. "Properties and Estimation of Asymmetric Exponential Power Distribution," Cahiers de recherche 13-2007, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Victoria Zinde-Walsh & Dongming Zhu, 2007. "Properties And Estimation Of Asymmetric Exponential Power Distribution," Departmental Working Papers 2007-11, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Rombouts Jeroen V. K. & Bouaddi Mohammed, 2009.
"Mixed Exponential Power Asymmetric Conditional Heteroskedasticity,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(3), pages 1-32, May.
- Mohammed Bouaddi & Jeroen V.K. Rombouts, 2007. "Mixed Exponential Power Asymmetric Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Cahiers de recherche 0749, CIRPEE.
- BOUADDI, Mohammed & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen V.K., 2007. "Mixed exponential power asymmetric conditional heteroskedasticity," CORE Discussion Papers 2007097, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mohammed Bouaddi & Jeroen V.K. Rombouts, 2007. "Mixed Exponential Power Asymmetric Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Cahiers de recherche 07-15, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Huber, Peter & Oberhofer, Harald & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2017.
"Who creates jobs? Econometric modeling and evidence for Austrian firm level data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 57-71.
- Peter Huber & Harald Oberhofer & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2015. "Who Creates Jobs? Econometric Modeling and Evidence for Austrian Firm Level Data," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp205, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Huber, Peter & Oberhofer, Harald & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2015. "Who Creates Jobs? Econometric Modeling and Evidence for Austrian Firm Level Data," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 4650, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:611-621 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Miguel Marin & Genaro Sucarrat, 2015. "Financial density selection," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(13-14), pages 1195-1213, November.
- Yi-Ting Chen, 2016. "Testing for Granger Causality in Moments," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 78(2), pages 265-288, April.
- Komunjer, Ivana & Vuong, Quang, 2010. "Efficient estimation in dynamic conditional quantile models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 272-285, August.
- Mendoza, Alfonso. & Galvanovskis, Evalds., 2014. "La cópula GED bivariada. Una aplicación en entornos de crisis," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(323), pages .721-746, julio-sep.
- Yong Bao & Aman Ullah, 2009. "Expectation of Quadratic Forms in Normal and Nonnormal Variables with Econometric Applications," Working Papers 200907, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2009.
- Vijverberg, Chu-Ping C. & Vijverberg, Wim P.M. & Taşpınar, Süleyman, 2016. "Linking Tukey’s legacy to financial risk measurement," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 595-615.
- Fischer, Matthias, 2012. "A skew and leptokurtic distribution with polynomial tails and characterizing functions in closed form," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 03/2012, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Bera Anil K. & Galvao Antonio F. & Montes-Rojas Gabriel V. & Park Sung Y., 2016. "Asymmetric Laplace Regression: Maximum Likelihood, Maximum Entropy and Quantile Regression," Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 79-101, January.
- Nieto, Maria Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2016. "Frontiers in VaR forecasting and backtesting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 475-501.
- Kaiping Wang, 2014. "Modeling Stock Index Returns using Semi-Parametric Approach with Multiplicative Adjustment," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 65-75, December.
- Vijverberg, Wim P. & Hasebe, Takuya, 2015. "GTL Regression: A Linear Model with Skewed and Thick-Tailed Disturbances," IZA Discussion Papers 8898, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zhu, Dongming & Galbraith, John W., 2011. "Modeling and forecasting expected shortfall with the generalized asymmetric Student-t and asymmetric exponential power distributions," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 765-778, September.
More about this item
Keywordsexpected shortfall; value-at-risk; generalized power distribution;
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:latm04:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .