The mutating euro area crisis: is the balance between "sceptics" and "advocates" shifting?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:ecpoli:v:21:y:2006:i:46:p:207-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Benedicta Marzinotto, 2010. "Two crises, two responses," Policy Briefs 392, Bruegel.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knobel, A. & Mironov, A., 2015.
"Assessment of CIS Countries Readiness for Creation of Currency Union,"
Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 76-101.
- Assessment of CIS Countries Readiness for Creation of Currency Union & Mironov, Alexey, 2014. "Assessment of CIS Countries Readiness for Creation of Currency Union," Published Papers dok19, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Francesco Paolo Mongelli & Gonzalo Camba-Mendez, 2018. "The Financial Crisis and Policy Responses in Europe (2007–2018)," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 60(4), pages 531-558, December.
- Alain Durré & Angela Maddaloni & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2014. "The ECB’s Experience of Monetary Policy in a Financially Fragmented Euro Area," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(3), pages 396-423, September.
- Katerina Arnostova & Tomas Adam & Oxana Babecka Kucharcukova & Jan Babecky & Vojtech Belling & Sona Benecka & Jan Bruha & Martin Gurtler & Tibor Hledik & Tomas Holub & Eva Hromadkova & Lubos Komarek &, 2017. "Analyses of the Czech Republic's Current Economic Alignment with the Euro Area 2017," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, number as17 edited by Katerina Arnostova & Lucie Matejkova, March.
- Pešić Ivana V. & Vanka Gajo M., 2014. "EU Crises Multiplier - From One Crisis To Another," Economic Themes, Sciendo, vol. 52(2), pages 215-241, June.
- Nedelcu Monica Letitia, 2013. "The Liquidity of the Financial System and the Sovereign Debt Crisis in Europe – Is There a Solution?," Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 0(1), pages 238-243, May.
- Luque, Jaime & Morelli, Massimo & Tavares, José, 2014. "A volatility-based theory of fiscal union desirability," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1-11.
- Alain Durré, 2013. "Politique économique mixte et chocs asymétriques : le cas de la zone euro," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 67-82.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & Reinhold, Elisa & Papadopoulos, Georgios, 2016. "What's so special about specialization in the euro area?," Occasional Paper Series 168, European Central Bank.
- Katerina Arnostova & Oxana Babecka Kucharcukova & Jan Babecky & Vojtech Belling & Sona Benecka & Jan Bruha & Martin Gurtler & Tomas Holub & Eva Hromadkova & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova & Petr Kr, 2016. "Analyses of the Czech Republic's Current Economic Alignment with the Euro Area 2016," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, number as16 edited by Katerina Arnostova & Lucie Matejkova, March.
- van Riet, Ad, 2015. "Market-preserving fiscal federalism in the European Monetary Union," MPRA Paper 77772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- van Riet, Ad, 2016. "Safeguarding the euro as a currency beyond the state," Occasional Paper Series 173, European Central Bank.
- Corrado Macchiarelli, 2018. "What is the EU-UK relation all about? Tracking the path from monetary integration to “ever closeness”," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 137, European Institute, LSE.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Guntram B. Wolff, . "EU-IMF assistance to euro area countries- an early assessment," Blueprints, Bruegel, number 779, September.
- Carlo Altomonte & Francesco Passarelli & Carlo Secchi, 2011. "The Fiscal Governance Disorder of the Eurozone: Curing the Symptoms or Curing the Causes?," Chapters, in: Carlo Secchi & Antonio Villafranca (ed.), Global Governance and the Role of the EU, chapter 6, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Benczes, István, 2011. "Az európai gazdasági kormányzás előtt álló kihívások. A hármas tagadás lehetetlensége [Challenges of European economic governance. The impossible trinity of denial]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 759-774.
- Niamh Hardiman & Sebastian Dellepiane, 2010. "European Economic Crisis: Ireland in Comparative Perspective," Working Papers 201046, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Silvia Merler & Jean Pisani-Ferry, 2012. "Sudden Stops in the Euro Area," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 3(3).
- Sebastian Dellepiane Avellaneda & Niamh Hardiman, 2010. "The European Context of Ireland’s Economic Crisis," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 41(4), pages 473-500.
- Torój, Andrzej & Bednarek, Elżbieta & Bęza-Bojanowska, Joanna & Osińska, Joanna & Waćko, Katarzyna & Witkowski, Dariusz, 2012. "EMU: the (post-)crisis perspective. Literature survey and implications for the euro-candidates," MF Working Papers 12, Ministry of Finance in Poland, revised 06 Mar 2012.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2013. "The mutating euro area crisis: is the balance between "sceptics" and "advocates" shifting?," Occasional Paper Series 144, European Central Bank.
- Herrmann, Sabine & Jochem, Axel, 2013. "Current account adjustment in EU countries: Does euro-area membership make a difference?," Discussion Papers 49/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Fabian Lindner, 2013. "Banken treiben Eurokrise," IMK Report 82-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic and Monetary Union; euro; governance reform; moral hazard; optimum currency area theory; risk-sharing; Sovereign Crisis;
All these keywords.
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbops:2013144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.