Shadow banking in the Euro area: an overview
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Angela Maddaloni & Jose-Luis Peydro, 2011.
"Bank Risk-taking, Securitization, Supervision, and Low Interest Rates: Evidence from the Euro-area and the U.S. Lending Standards,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 2121-2165.
- Maddaloni, Angela & Peydró, José-Luis, 2010. "Bank risk-taking, securitization, supervision and low interest rates: Evidence from the euro area and the U.S. lending standards," Working Paper Series 1248, European Central Bank.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marques-Ibanez, David, 2009.
"Securitisation and the bank lending channel,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 996-1009, November.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2007. "Securitisation and the bank lending channel," Working Paper Series 838, European Central Bank.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marques, 2008. "Securitization and the bank lending channel," Proceedings 1101, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marquï¿½s, 2007. "Securitisation and the bank lending channel," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 653, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Schnabl, Philipp & Suarez, Gustavo, 2013.
"Securitization without risk transfer,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 515-536.
- Viral V. Acharya & Philipp Schnabl & Gustavo Suarez, 2010. "Securitization without risk transfer," NBER Working Papers 15730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Schnabl, Philipp & Suarez, Gustavo, 2012. "Securitization Without Risk Transfer," CEPR Discussion Papers 8769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gary Gorton, 2010. "E-coli, Repo Madness, and the Financial Crisis," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 45(3), pages 164-173, July.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/f6h8764enu2lskk9p5296ie95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Günter Wilfried & Kotz, Hans-Helmut, 2016. "Euro area shadow banking activities in a low-interest-rate environment: A flow-of-funds perspective," SAFE White Paper Series 37, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Molitor, Philippe & Doyle, Nicola & Hermans, Lieven & Weistroffer, Christian, 2016. "Shadow banking in the euro area: risks and vulnerabilities in the investment fund sector," Occasional Paper Series 174, European Central Bank.
- Creel, Jérôme & Hubert, Paul & Labondance, Fabien, 2015.
"Financial stability and economic performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 25-40.
- Jérôme Creel & Paul Hubert & Fabien Labondance, 2013. "Financial Stability and Economic Performance," Sciences Po publications 2013-24, Sciences Po.
- Jérôme Creel & Paul Hubert & Fabien Labondance, 2013. "Financial stability and economic performance," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2013-24, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Jerome Creel & Paul Hubert & Fabien Labondance, 2014. "Financial Stability and Economic Performance," Working papers wpaper35, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Jérôme Creel & Paul Hubert & Fabien Labondance, 2013. "Financial stability and economic performance," Working Papers hal-01064263, HAL.
- Apergis, Nicholas, 2014. "The long-term role of non-traditional banking in profitability and risk profiles: Evidence from a panel of U.S. banking institutions," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 61-73.
- repec:bis:bisifc:46-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabrizio Malatesta & Sergio Masciantonio & Andrea Zaghini, 2016. "The Shadow Banking System in the Euro Area: Definitions, Key Features and the Funding of Firms," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 2(2), pages 217-237, July.
- Ida-Maria Weirsøe Fallesen, 2015. "The Challenges of the EU Banking Union - will it succeed in dealing with the next financial crisis?," Bruges European Economic Policy Briefings 36, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Thomas Lejeune & Raf Wouters, 2019. "A macroeconomic model with heterogeneous and financially-constrained intermediaries," Working Paper Research 367, National Bank of Belgium.
- Caverzasi, Eugenio & Botta, Alberto & Capelli, Clara, 2018. "The endogeneity of money and the securitizing system. Beyond shadow banking," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 18527, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Petr Jakubik & Diana Zigraiova, 2016.
"Updating the Long Term Rate in Time: A Possible Approach,"
EIOPA Financial Stability Report - Thematic Articles
9, EIOPA, Risks and Financial Stability Department.
- Diana Zigraiova & Petr Jakubik, 2017. "Updating the Long Term Rate in Time: A Possible Approach," Working Papers IES 2017/03, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Mar 2017.
- repec:sgh:gosnar:y:2013:i:3:p:5-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cuerpo, Carlos & Drumond, Inês & Lendvai, Julia & Pontuch, Peter & Raciborski, Rafal, 2015. "Private sector deleveraging in Europe," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 372-383.
- Torsten Ehlers & Steven Kong & Feng Zhu, 2018. "Mapping shadow banking in China: structure and dynamics," BIS Working Papers 701, Bank for International Settlements.
- Beck, Günter W. & Kotz, Hans-Helmut & Zabelina, Natalia, 2015. "Euro area macro-financial stability: A flow-of-funds perspective," SAFE White Paper Series 29, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Hansjorg Herr, 2016. "After the Financial Crisis; Reforms and Reform Options for Finance, Regulation and Institutional Structure," Working papers wpaper148, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Jakob Korbinian Eberl, 2016. "The Collateral Framework of the Eurosystem and Its Fiscal Implications," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 69, April.
- Gebauer, Stefan & Mazelis, Falk, 2018. "The Role of Shadow Banking for Financial Regulation," Annual Conference 2018 (Freiburg, Breisgau): Digital Economy 181581, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Herr, Hansjörg, 2016. "After the financial crisis: Reforms and reform options for finance, regulation and institutional structure," IPE Working Papers 63/2016, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hsu, S. & Li, J. & Qin, Y., 2013. "Shadow Banking and Systemic Risk in Europe and China," CITYPERC Working Paper Series 2013-02, Department of International Politics, City University London.
More about this item
Keywordsbank regulation; repo markets; securitisation; shadow banking;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbops:2012133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.