How the design of retail prices, network charges, and levies affects profitability and operation of small-scale PV-Battery Storage Systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Toby & Faruqui, Ahmad & Grausz, Léa, 2015. "Efficient tariff structures for distribution network services," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 139-149.
- Abolhosseini, Shahrouz & Heshmati, Almas, 2014.
"The main support mechanisms to finance renewable energy development,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 876-885.
- Abolhosseini, Shahrouz & Heshmati, Almas, 2014. "The Main Support Mechanisms to Finance Renewable Energy Development," IZA Discussion Papers 8182, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Abolhosseini, Shahrouz & Heshmati, Almas, 2014. "The Main Support Mechanisms to Finance Renewable Energy Development," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 373, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Ranaweera, Iromi & Midtgård, Ole-Morten, 2016. "Optimization of operational cost for a grid-supporting PV system with battery storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 262-272.
- Manuel Frondel & Christoph M. Schmidt & Colin Vance, 2014. "Revisiting Germanyùs solar cell promotion: An unfolding disaster," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 3-13.
- Jenner, Steffen & Groba, Felix & Indvik, Joe, 2013.
"Assessing the strength and effectiveness of renewable electricity feed-in tariffs in European Union countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 385-401.
- Felix Groba & Joe Indvik & Steffen Jenner, 2011. "Assessing the Strength and Effectiveness of Renewable Electricity Feed-in Tariffs in European Union Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1176, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:appene:v:203:y:2017:i:c:p:422-441 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Neuhoff, Karsten & Newbery, David, 2005.
"Electricity transmission: An overview of the current debate,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 73-93, June.
- Brunekreeft, G. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2004. "Electricity transmission: an overview of the current debate," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0463, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Gert Brunekreeft & Karsten Neuhoff & David Newbery, 2004. "Electricity transmission: an overview of the current debate," Working Papers EP60, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:399-416 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:6:p:778-:d:100587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederick Ploeg & Cees Withagen, 2014. "Growth, Renewables, And The Optimal Carbon Tax," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 55, pages 283-311, February.
- Haas, Reinhard & Resch, Gustav & Panzer, Christian & Busch, Sebastian & Ragwitz, Mario & Held, Anne, 2011. "Efficiency and effectiveness of promotion systems for electricity generation from renewable energy sources – Lessons from EU countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2186-2193.
- Hoppmann, Joern & Volland, Jonas & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Hoffmann, Volker H., 2014. "The economic viability of battery storage for residential solar photovoltaic systems – A review and a simulation model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1101-1118.
- Couture, Toby & Gagnon, Yves, 2010. "An analysis of feed-in tariff remuneration models: Implications for renewable energy investment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 955-965, February.
- Ren, Zhengen & Grozev, George & Higgins, Andrew, 2016. "Modelling impact of PV battery systems on energy consumption and bill savings of Australian houses under alternative tariff structures," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 317-330.
- Haas, Reinhard & Panzer, Christian & Resch, Gustav & Ragwitz, Mario & Reece, Gemma & Held, Anne, 2011. "A historical review of promotion strategies for electricity from renewable energy sources in EU countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1003-1034, February.
- Allcott, Hunt, 2011. "Rethinking real-time electricity pricing," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 820-842.
- Linssen, Jochen & Stenzel, Peter & Fleer, Johannes, 2017. "Techno-economic analysis of photovoltaic battery systems and the influence of different consumer load profiles," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P2), pages 2019-2025.
- Parra, David & Patel, Martin K., 2016. "Effect of tariffs on the performance and economic benefits of PV-coupled battery systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 175-187.
- Severin Borenstein, 2005. "The Long-Run Efficiency of Real-Time Electricity Pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 93-116.
- Sgobbi, Alessandra & Simões, Sofia G. & Magagna, Davide & Nijs, Wouter, 2016. "Assessing the impacts of technology improvements on the deployment of marine energy in Europe with an energy system perspective," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 515-525.
- Mulder, Grietus & Six, Daan & Claessens, Bert & Broes, Thijs & Omar, Noshin & Mierlo, Joeri Van, 2013. "The dimensioning of PV-battery systems depending on the incentive and selling price conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1126-1135.
- Denholm, Paul & Hand, Maureen, 2011. "Grid flexibility and storage required to achieve very high penetration of variable renewable electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1817-1830, March.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:22-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khalilpour, Rajab & Vassallo, Anthony, 2015. "Leaving the grid: An ambition or a real choice?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 207-221.
- Merei, Ghada & Moshövel, Janina & Magnor, Dirk & Sauer, Dirk Uwe, 2016. "Optimization of self-consumption and techno-economic analysis of PV-battery systems in commercial applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 171-178.
- F. M. Andersen & H. V. Larsen & L. Kitzing & P. E. Morthorst, 2014. "Who gains from hourly time-of-use retail prices on electricity? An analysis of consumption profiles for categories of Danish electricity customers," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(6), pages 582-593, November.
More about this item
Keywordsphotovoltaic battery storage systems; tariff design; system integration; grid integration;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dui:wpaper:1903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andreas Fritz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwessde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.