Reputation on a credence good market: an economic analysis of professional self-regulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Bentley MacLeod, 2007. "Reputations, Relationships, and Contract Enforcement," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 595-628, September.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Jost, Peter-J, 1995.
"Quacks, Lemons, and Self Regulation: A Welfare Analysis,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 309-325, May.
- Thomas Gehrig & Peter-J. Jost, 1993. "Quacks, Lemons, and Self-Regulation: A Welfare Analysis," Discussion Papers 1057, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Van Den Bergh, Roger & Faure, Michael, 1991. "Self-regulation of the professions in Belgium," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 165-182, September.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Nunez, Javier, 2001. "A model of self-regulation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 91-97, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bendikov, Mikhail & Kolesnik, Georgiy, 2013.
"Конкуренция Саморегулируемых Организаций И Эффективность Рынков
[Self-regulatory organizations competition and the market efficiency]," MPRA Paper 47812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kolesnik, Georgiy, 2015. "Modelling "race to the bottom" effect on the self-regulated markets," MPRA Paper 64138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsprofessional services; credence goods; self-regulation; individual reputation; collective reputation;
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L84 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Personal, Professional, and Business Services
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-11-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-LAW-2011-11-28 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2011-11-28 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:drm:wpaper:2011-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Mignon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/modemfr.html .