Chinese and Indian firms’ entry into Europe: characteristics, impacts and policy implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang,Yasheng, 2008. "Capitalism with Chinese Characteristics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521898102, March.
- Rui, Huaichuan & Yip, George S., 2008. "Foreign acquisitions by Chinese firms: A strategic intent perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-226, March.
- Christian Milelli & Françoise Hay & Yunnan Shi, 2009. "Chinese firms enter Europe : some empirical evidence," Post-Print halshs-00421377, HAL.
- Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung & Minyuan Zhao, 2008. "Perspectives on China's outward foreign direct investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(3), pages 337-350, April.
- Child, John & Rodrigues, Suzana B., 2005. "The Internationalization of Chinese Firms: A Case for Theoretical Extension?," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 381-410, November.
- Deng, Ping, 2007. "Investing for strategic resources and its rationale: The case of outward FDI from Chinese companies," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 71-81.
- Deng, Ping, 2004. "Outward investment by Chinese MNCs: Motivations and implications," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 8-16.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Buck, Trevor & Shu, Chang, 2005. "Chinese economic development, the next stage: outward FDI?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 97-115, February.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2007. "Trends and Patterns of Overseas Acquisitions by Indian Multinationals," MPRA Paper 12404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filippov, Sergey & Saebi, Tina, 2008. "Europeanisation Strategy of Chinese Companies: Its Perils and Promises," MERIT Working Papers 055, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- John Child & Suzana B. Rodrigues, 2005. "The Internationalization of Chinese Firms: A Case for Theoretical Extension?," Management and Organization Review, International Association of Chinese Management Research, vol. 1(3), pages 381-410, November.
- Markusen, James R & Maskus, Keith E, 2002.
"Discriminating among Alternative Theories of the Multinational Enterprise,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 694-707, November.
- James R. Markusen & Keith E. Maskus, 1999. "Discriminating Among Alternative Theories of the Multinational Enterprise," NBER Working Papers 7164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter J Buckley & L Jeremy Clegg & Adam R Cross & Xin Liu & Hinrich Voss & Ping Zheng, 2007. "The determinants of Chinese outward foreign direct investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 499-518, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Milelli, Christian & Le Goff, Joëlle, 2012. "European inroads by BRICs’ firms:The M&A avenue," MPRA Paper 39865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valeria Gattai, 2013. "The dragon and the elephant on the way to Italy," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(4), pages 63-87.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Maximiliano Sosa AndrÃ©s, 2014.
"Ownership Choices of Indian Direct Investors: Do FDI Determinants Differ between Joint Ventures and Wholly Owned Subsidiaries?,"
South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance,
, vol. 3(1), pages 39-78, June.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Sosa Andrés, Maximiliano, 2013. "Ownership choices of Indian direct investors: Do FDI determinants differ between joint ventures and whollyowned subsidiaries?," Kiel Working Papers 1841, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Wladimir Andreff, 2014. "Outward foreign direct investment by Brazilian and Indian multinational companies: comparison with Russian-Chinese multinationals," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01279896, HAL.
- Christian Milelli & Alice Sindzingre, 2013.
"Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment in Developed and Developing Countries: Converging Characteristics?,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2013-34, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Christian Milelli & Alice Nicole Sindzingre, 2013. "Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment in Developed and Developing Countries: Converging Characteristics?," Post-Print hal-01411752, HAL.
- HERCIU Mihaela, 2015. "Emncs – Lessons On The Way To An Innovation-Based Development. Empirical Findings," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 10(2), pages 44-52, August.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Sosa Andrés, Maximiliano & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya & Waldkirch, Andreas, 2012. "What drives India's outward FDI?," Kiel Working Papers 1800, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Wladimir Andreff, 2015. "Outward Foreign Direct Investment from BRIC countries: Comparing strategies of Brazilian, Russian, Indian and Chinese multinational companies," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 12(2), pages 79-131, December.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; European economies; policy implications;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-12-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EEC-2008-12-14 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:drm:wpaper:2008-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Mignon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/modemfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.