A Markov Switching Model of the Merit Order to Compare British and German Price Formation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Knittel, Christopher R. & Roberts, Michael R., 2005. "An empirical examination of restructured electricity prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 791-817, September.
- Ali Hortacsu & Steven L. Puller, 2005. "Understanding Strategic Bidding in Restructured Electricity Markets: A Case Study of ERCOT," NBER Working Papers 11123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arciniegas, Ismael & Barrett, Chris & Marathe, Achla, 2003. "Assessing the efficiency of US electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 75-86, June.
- Catherine D. Wolfram, 1998. "Strategic Bidding in a Multiunit Auction: An Empirical Analysis of Bids to Supply Electricity in England and Wales," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(4), pages 703-725, Winter.
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Huisman, Ronald & Mahieu, Ronald, 2003.
"Regime jumps in electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 425-434, September.
- Huisman, R. & Mahieu, R.J., 2001. "Regime Jumps in Electricity Prices," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-48-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weigt, Hannes & Hirschhausen, Christian von, 2008.
"Price formation and market power in the German wholesale electricity market in 2006,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4227-4234, November.
- Weigt, Hannes & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2007. "Price Formation and Market Power in the German Wholesale Electricity Market in 2006," MPRA Paper 65662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Victor Moutinho & António Carrizo Moreira & Jorge H. Mota, 2015. "Measuring the Simultaneous Quantity Game in OMEL Spot Electricity Market," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 305-320.
- Komain Jiranyakul, 2015.
"Oil Price Volatility and Real Effective Exchange Rate: The Case of Thailand,"
International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy,
Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 574-579.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2014. "Oil price volatility and real effective exchange rate: the case of Thailand," MPRA Paper 57196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koenig, P., 2011. "Modelling Correlation in Carbon and Energy Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1123, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2008.
"The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 704-713, February.
- Pollitt, M., 2007. "The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0737, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Moutinho, Victor & Moreira, António C. & Mota, Jorge, 2014. "Do regulatory mechanisms promote competition and mitigate market power? Evidence from Spanish electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 403-412.
- Alois Rhiel & Bernhard Heitzer & Berthold A. Bonekamp & Christian von Hirschhausen & Anne Neumann & Hannes Weigt, 2008. "Energiekonzerne: Steigende Umsätze, steigende Gewinne, steigende Preise. Fehlt der Wettbewerb?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 61(01), pages 03-15, January.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity prices; Markov Switching Models;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2007-08-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2007-08-14 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .