Assessing the efficiency of US electricity markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- von der Fehr, N.-H. & Harbord,D., 1998.
"Competition in Electricity Spot Markets. Economic Theory and International Experience,"
05/1998, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Nils-Henrik von der Fehr & David Harbord, 2002. "Competition in Electricity Spot Markets: Economic Theory and International Experience," Industrial Organization 0203006, EconWPA.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Wang, Ashley, 2002. "ELECTRICITY FORWARD PRICES: A High-Frequency Empirical Analysis," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt3mw4q41x, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Carl Blumstein & Lee Friedman & Richard Green, 2002. "The History of Electricity Restructuring in California," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 9-38, June.
- De Vany, Arthur S. & Walls, W. David, 1999. "Cointegration analysis of spot electricity prices: insights on transmission efficiency in the western US," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 435-448, October.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cameron, Lisa & Cramton, Peter, 1999.
"The Role of the ISO in U.S. Electricity Markets: A Review of Restructuring in California and PJM,"
The Electricity Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 71-81, April.
- Lisa Cameron & Peter Cramton, 1999. "The Role of the ISO in U.S. Electricity Markets: A Review of Restructuring in California and PJM," Papers of Peter Cramton 99ej, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 01 Apr 1999.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Hendrik Bessembinder & Michael L. Lemmon, 2002. "Equilibrium Pricing and Optimal Hedging in Electricity Forward Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1347-1382, June.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell & Christopher R. Knittel & Catherine Wolfram, 2001. "Trading Inefficiencies in California's Electricity Markets," NBER Working Papers 8620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Quan, Nguyen T. & Michaels, Robert J., 2001. "Games or Opportunities: Bidding in the California Markets," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 99-108.
- De Vany, Arthur S & Walls, W David, 1999. "Price Dynamics in a Network of Decentralized Power Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 123-140, March.
- Longstaff, Francis & Wang, Ashley, 2002. "Electricity Forward Prices: A High-Frequency Empirical Analysis," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt7mh2m2bt, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arciniegas, Alvaro I. & Arciniegas Rueda, Ismael E., 2008. "Forecasting short-term power prices in the Ontario Electricity Market (OEM) with a fuzzy logic based inference system," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 39-48, March.
- Olga Y. Uritskaya & Vadim M. Uritsky, 2015. "Predictability of price movements in deregulated electricity markets," Papers 1505.08117, arXiv.org.
- repec:eco:journ2:2018-01-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Georg Zachmann, 2007. "A Markov Switching Model of the Merit Order to Compare British and German Price Formation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 714, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Uritskaya, Olga Y. & Uritsky, Vadim M., 2015. "Predictability of price movements in deregulated electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 72-81.
- Stratford M. Douglas & Julia N. Popova, 2011. "Econometric Estimation of Spatial Patterns in Electricity Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 81-106.
- Capece, Guendalina & Cricelli, Livio & Di Pillo, Francesca & Levialdi, Nathan, 2012. "New regulatory policies in Italy: Impact on financial results, on liquidity and profitability of natural gas retail companies," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 90-98.
- Arciniegas Rueda, Ismael E. & Marathe, Achla, 2005. "Important variables in explaining real-time peak price in the independent power market of Ontario," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-39, March.
- Capitán Herráiz, Álvaro & Rodríguez Monroy, Carlos, 2009. "Analysis of the efficiency of the Iberian power futures market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3566-3579, September.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:109-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karla Atkins & Achla Marathe & Chris Barrett, 2007.
"A computational approach to modeling commodity markets,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 125-142, September.
- Karla Atkins & Achla Marathe & Chris Barrett, 2006. "A Computational Approach to Modeling Commodity Markets," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 240, Society for Computational Economics.
- Rammerstorfer, Margarethe & Wagner, Christian, 2009. "Reforming minute reserve policy in Germany: A step towards efficient markets?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3513-3519, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:11:y:2003:i:2:p:75-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.