Informed Capital in a Hostile Environment: The Case of Relational Investors in Germany
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Schäfer, Dorothea & Schilder, Dirk, 2006. "Informed capital in a hostile environment: the case of relational investors in Germany," Freiberg Working Papers 2006,03, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sullivan, Mary Kay & Miller, Alex, 1996. "Segmenting the informal venture capital market: Economic, hedonistic, and altruistic investors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 25-35, May.
- Ikujiro Nonaka, 1994. "A Dynamic Theory of Organizational Knowledge Creation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 14-37, February.
- De Clercq, Dirk & Sapienza, Harry J., 2006. "Effects of relational capital and commitment on venture capitalists' perception of portfolio company performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 326-347, May.
- Thomas Hellmann & Manju Puri, 2002.
"Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-Up Firms: Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 169-197, February.
- Hellmann, Thomas F. & Puri, Manju, 2000. "Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-up Firms: Empirical Evidence," Research Papers 1661, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Bascha, Andreas & Walz, Uwe, 2002. "Financing practices in the German venture capital industry: An empirical assessment," CFS Working Paper Series 2002/08, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Lerner, Josh, 1995. " Venture Capitalists and the Oversight of Private Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 301-318, March.
- Manove, Michael & Padilla, A Jorge & Pagano, Marco, 2001. "Collateral versus Project Screening: A Model of Lazy Banks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 726-744, Winter.
- Sapienza, Harry J. & Manigart, Sophie & Vermeir, Wim, 1996. "Venture capitalist governance and value added in four countries," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 439-469, November.
- Peter Sunley & Britta Klagge & Christian Berndt & Ron Martin, 2005. "Venture capital programmes in the UK and Germany: In what sense regional policies?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 255-273.
- Lehmann, Erik & Neuberger, Doris, 2001. "Do lending relationships matter?: Evidence from bank survey data in Germany," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 339-359, August.
- Gompers, Paul A, 1995. " Optimal Investment, Monitoring, and the Staging of Venture Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1461-1489, December.
- Tykvová, Tereza, 2004. "Who Are the True Venture Capitalists in Germany?," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-16, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sapienza, Harry J., 1992. "When do venture capitalists add value?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 9-27, January.
- Edwards,Jeremy & Fischer,Klaus, 1996. "Banks, Finance and Investment in Germany," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521566087, March.
- Boot, Arnoud W. A., 2000. "Relationship Banking: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-25, January.
- Neil Hood, 2000. "Public venture capital and economic development: The Scottish experience," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 313-341, October.
- Gupta, Anil K. & Sapienza, Harry J., 1992. "Determinants of venture capital firms' preferences regarding the industry diversity and geographic scope of their investments," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 347-362, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2008.
"Does venture capital investment really require spatial proximity? An empirical investigation,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(9), pages 2114-2131, September.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2008. "Does Venture Capital Investment Really Require Spatial Proximity? An Empirical Investigation," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(9), pages 2114-2131, September.
- Fritsch, Michael & Schilder, Dirk, 2006. "Does venture capital investment really require spatial proximity? An empirical investigation," Freiberg Working Papers 2006,07, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2006. "Does Venture Capital Investment Really Require Spatial Proximity? An Empirical Investigation," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-14, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Massimo G. Colombo & Douglas J. Cumming & Silvio Vismara, 2016.
"Governmental venture capital for innovative young firms,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 10-24, February.
- Massimo Colombo & Douglas Cumming & Silvio Vismara, 2016. "Governmental venture capital for innovative young firms," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 10-24, February.
- Doris Neuberger, 2009. "Finanzierungs- und Governance-Strukturen im Wandel: Arbeitsteilung zwischen Banken und Private Equity Fonds," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 78(1), pages 143-155.
- Luukkonen, Terttu & Maunula, Mari, 2007. "Non-financial Value-added of Venture Capital: A Comparative Study of Different Venture Capital Investors," Discussion Papers 1067, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Luukkonen, Terttu, 2007. "Understanding Strategies of the Venture Capital Investors in Helping Their Portfolio Firms to Become International," Discussion Papers 1099, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Terttu Luukkonen, & Mari Maunula,, 2006. "Coaching Small Biotech Companies into Success: The Value-adding Function of VC," Discussion Papers 1032, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Schilder, Dirk, 2006. "Public venture capital in Germany: task force or forced task?," Freiberg Working Papers 2006,12, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Luukkonen, Terttu & Deschryvere, Matthias & Bertoni, Fabio & Nikulainen, Tuomo, 2011. "Importance of the Non-financial Value Added of Government and Independent Venture Capitalists," Discussion Papers 1257, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Luukkonen, Terttu, 2008. "Different Types of Venture Capital Investors and Value-added to High-Tech Portfolio Firms," Discussion Papers 1149, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
KeywordsInformed capital; Start-up financing; Venture capital; Banks; Information;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-02-26 (European Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2006-02-26 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.