Internet-Based Hedonic Indices of Rents and Prices for Flats: Example of Berlin
In this paper, we suggest to estimate the home rents and prices in German regions/cities using the data from Internet ads offering the housing for rent and sale. Given the richness of information contained in the ads, we are able to construct the quality-adjusted rent and price indices using the hedonic approach. The results can be applied both for investigating the dynamics of rents/prices and for examining their distribution by city districts or regions.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Mohrenstraße 58, D-10117 Berlin|
Web page: http://www.diw.de/en
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Andreas Mense, 2011. "Can Internet Ads Serve as an Indicator of Homeownership Rates?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1168, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ingrid Nappi-Choulet Pr. & Tristan-Pierre Maury, 2009.
"A Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Price Index for the Paris Office Property Market,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 305-340.
- Nappi-Choulet, Ingrid & Maury, Tristan-Pierre, 2008. "A Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Price Index for the Paris Office Property Market," ESSEC Working Papers DR 08008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Nathalie Girouard & Mike Kennedy & Paul van den Noord & Christophe André, 2006. "Recent House Price Developments: The Role of Fundamentals," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 475, OECD Publishing.
- Kholodilin Konstantin A. & Menz Jan-Oliver & Siliverstovs Boriss, 2010. "What Drives Housing Prices Down? Evidence from an International Panel," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(1), pages 59-76, February.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Jan-Oliver Menz & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2007. "What Drives Housing Prices Down?: Evidence from an International Panel," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 758, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Linda Rousová & Paul van den Noord, 2011. "Predicting Peaks and Troughs in Real House Prices," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 882, OECD Publishing. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.