Empiricism Meets Theory: Is the Boone-Indicator Applicable?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Anca Pruteanu-Podpiera & Laurent Weill & Franziska Schobert, 2007. "Market Power and Efficiency in the Czech Banking Sector," Working Papers 2007/6, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & John van Reenen, 1999. "Market Share, Market Value and Innovation in a Panel of British Manufacturing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 529-554.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manthos D. Delis & Sotirios Kokas & Steven Ongena, 2016.
"Foreign Ownership and Market Power in Banking: Evidence from a World Sample,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(2-3), pages 449-483, March.
- Manthos D. Delis & Sotirios Kokas & Steven Ongena, 2014. "Foreign ownership and market power in banking: Evidence from a world sample," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 03-2014, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Delis, Manthos D & Kokas, Sotiris, 2014. "Foreign ownership and market power in banking: Evidence from a world sample," MPRA Paper 53957, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doan, Tinh & Stevens, Philip, 2012.
"Evolution of competition in Vietnam industries over the recent economic transition,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 6, pages 1-24.
- Doan, Tinh, 2011. "Evolution of competition in Vietnam industries over the recent economic transition," MPRA Paper 34254, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doan, Tinh, 2012. "Evolution of competition in Vietnam industries over the recent economic transition," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-12, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Manthos D. Delis & Maria Iosifidi, 2014.
"Bank Market Power and Monetary Policy Transmission,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(4), pages 173-214, December.
- Brissimis, Sophocles & Delis, Mannthos & Iosifidi, Maria, 2012. "Bank market power and monetary policy transmission," MPRA Paper 49206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hong Liu & Phil Molyneux & John O.S. Wilson, 2013. "Competition in banking: measurement and interpretation," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 8, pages 197-215 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- João Amador & Ana Cristina Soares, 2012.
"Competition in the Portuguese economy: Insights from a profit elasticity approach,"
w201217, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Soares, Ana Cristina, 2013. "Competition in the Portuguese economy: insights from a profit elasticity approach," Working Paper Series 1603, European Central Bank.
- Jan Hendrik Preißler-Jebe, Korbinian von Blanckenburg, Alexander Geist, "undated".
"Comparing Cartel Behavior: A Simulation Analysis with the System of Cartel Markers (SCM),"
201041, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Preißler-Jebe, Jan Hendrik & von Blanckenburg, Korbinian & Geist, Alexander, 2010. "Comparing cartel behavior: A simulation analysis with the System of Cartel Markers (SCM)," CAWM Discussion Papers 41, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Phil Molyneux & Hong Liu & John O.S. Wilson, 2010. "Measuring Competition and Stability: Recent Evidence for European Banking," Working Papers 10020, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Koski, Heli & Pajarinen, Mika, 2013. "Empirical Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Competition Policy," ETLA Working Papers 15, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Olszak, Małgorzata & Świtała, Filip & Kowalska, Iwona, 2013.
"Competition in commercial banks in Poland – analysis of Panzar-Rosse H-statistics,"
53782, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filip Switala & Malgorzata Olszak & Iwona Kowalska, 2013. "Competition in commercial banks in Poland – analysis of Panzar-Rosse H-statistics," Faculty of Management Working Paper Series 42013, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management.
- Manthos D. Delis & Sotirios Kokas & Steven Ongena, 2017. "Bank Market Power and Firm Performance," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 299-326.
- Hunold, Matthias & Laitenberger, Ulrich & Licht, Georg & Nikogosian, Vigen & Stenzel, André & Ullrich, Hannes & Wolf, Christoph, 2011. "Modernisierung der Konzentrationsberichterstattung: Endbericht," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 110525.
- Stanimir Minov, 2014. "Factors influencing the degree of competition in the telecom industry," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 57-69,70-80.
- João Amador & Ana Cristina Soares, 2012. "Measuring competition in the Portuguese economy using profit elasticities," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Bernardita Piedrabuena, 2013. "Competencia en el mercado bancario del crédito en Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4630, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone & Philip Molyneux, 2012. "Is There a Conflict between Competition and Financial Stability?," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; Boone-Indicator; Cartels; Census Data;
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-07-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-REG-2010-07-24 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .