Empiricism Meets Theory: Is the Boone-Indicator Applicable?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Anca Pruteanu-Podpiera & Laurent Weill & Franziska Schobert, 2007. "Market Power and Efficiency in the Czech Banking Sector," Working Papers 2007/6, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & John van Reenen, 1999. "Market Share, Market Value and Innovation in a Panel of British Manufacturing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 529-554.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hunold, Matthias & Laitenberger, Ulrich & Licht, Georg & Nikogosian, Vigen & Stenzel, André & Ullrich, Hannes & Wolf, Christoph, 2011. "Modernisierung der Konzentrationsberichterstattung: Endbericht," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 110525.
- Stanimir Minov, 2014. "Factors influencing the degree of competition in the telecom industry," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 57-69,70-80.
- Manthos D. Delis & Sotirios Kokas & Steven Ongena, 2016.
"Foreign Ownership and Market Power in Banking: Evidence from a World Sample,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(2-3), pages 449-483, March.
- Manthos D. Delis & Sotirios Kokas & Steven Ongena, 2014. "Foreign ownership and market power in banking: Evidence from a world sample," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 03-2014, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Delis, Manthos D & Kokas, Sotiris, 2014. "Foreign ownership and market power in banking: Evidence from a world sample," MPRA Paper 53957, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amador & Ana Cristina Soares, 2018.
"Competition in the Portuguese economy: insights from a profit elasticity approach,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 45(2), pages 339-365, May.
- João Amador & Ana Cristina Soares, 2012. "Competition in the Portuguese economy: Insights from a profit elasticity approach," Working Papers w201217, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Soares, Ana Cristina, 2013. "Competition in the Portuguese economy: insights from a profit elasticity approach," Working Paper Series 1603, European Central Bank.
- João Amador & Ana Cristina Soares, 2012. "Measuring competition in the Portuguese economy using profit elasticities," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Jan Hendrik Preißler-Jebe, Korbinian von Blanckenburg, Alexander Geist, "undated".
"Comparing Cartel Behavior: A Simulation Analysis with the System of Cartel Markers (SCM),"
201041, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Preißler-Jebe, Jan Hendrik & von Blanckenburg, Korbinian & Geist, Alexander, 2010. "Comparing cartel behavior: A simulation analysis with the System of Cartel Markers (SCM)," CAWM Discussion Papers 41, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Phil Molyneux & Hong Liu & John O.S. Wilson, 2010. "Measuring Competition and Stability: Recent Evidence for European Banking," Working Papers 10020, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone & Philip Molyneux, 2012. "Is There a Conflict between Competition and Financial Stability?," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:oup:revfin:v:21:y:2017:i:1:p:299-326. is not listed on IDEAS
- Doan, Tinh & Stevens, Philip, 2012.
"Evolution of competition in Vietnam industries over the recent economic transition,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 6, pages 1-24.
- Doan, Tinh, 2011. "Evolution of competition in Vietnam industries over the recent economic transition," MPRA Paper 34254, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doan, Tinh, 2012. "Evolution of competition in Vietnam industries over the recent economic transition," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-12, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Koski, Heli & Pajarinen, Mika, 2013. "Empirical Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Competition Policy," ETLA Working Papers 15, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Manthos D. Delis & Maria Iosifidi, 2014.
"Bank Market Power and Monetary Policy Transmission,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(4), pages 173-214, December.
- Brissimis, Sophocles & Delis, Mannthos & Iosifidi, Maria, 2012. "Bank market power and monetary policy transmission," MPRA Paper 49206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hong Liu & Phil Molyneux & John O.S. Wilson, 2013. "Competition in banking: measurement and interpretation," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 8, pages 197-215 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Olszak, Małgorzata & Świtała, Filip & Kowalska, Iwona, 2013.
"Competition in commercial banks in Poland – analysis of Panzar-Rosse H-statistics,"
53782, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filip Switala & Malgorzata Olszak & Iwona Kowalska, 2013. "Competition in commercial banks in Poland – analysis of Panzar-Rosse H-statistics," Faculty of Management Working Paper Series 42013, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management.
- Bernardita Piedrabuena, 2013. "Competencia en el mercado bancario del crédito en Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4630, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Manthos D. Delis & Sotirios Kokas & Steven Ongena, 2017. "Bank Market Power and Firm Performance," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 299-326.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; Boone-Indicator; Cartels; Census Data;
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-07-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-REG-2010-07-24 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .