Economic stress or random variation? Revisiting german reunification as a natural experiment to investigate the effect of economic contraction on sex ratios at birth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Almond & Janet Currie, 2011. "Killing Me Softly: The Fetal Origins Hypothesis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 153-172.
- Christoph F. Büchtemann & Jürgen Schupp, 1992. "Repercussions of Reunification: Patterns and Trends in the Socio-Economic Transformation of East Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 44, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Douglas Almond & Bhashkar Mazumder, 2011.
"Health Capital and the Prenatal Environment: The Effect of Ramadan Observance during Pregnancy,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, pages 56-85.
- Sheetal Sekhri, 2008. "Public Provision and Protection of Natural Resources: Groundwater Irrigation in Rural India," Virginia Economics Online Papers 376, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsGermany; Germany (Alte Bundesländer); Germany (Neue Bundesländer); economic recession; sex ratio;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-05-22 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-05-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dem:wpaper:wp-2013-005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Wilhelm). General contact details of provider: http://www.demogr.mpg.de/ .