A dynamic model of capital and arms accumulation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- van der Ploeg, F & de Zeeuw, A J, 1990.
"Perfect Equilibrium in a Model of Competitive Arms Accumulation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 131-146, February.
- van der Ploeg, F. & de Zeeuw, A.J., 1987. "Perfect equilibrium in a model of competitive arms accumulation," Research Memorandum FEW 266, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van der Ploeg, F. & de Zeeuw, A.J., 1988. "Perfect equilibrium in a model of competitive arms accumulation," Discussion Paper 1988-4, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mankiw, N Gregory, 1987. "Government Purchases and Real Interest Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 407-419, April.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1979. "Capital Accumulation on the Transition Path in a Monetary Optimizing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(6), pages 1433-1439, November.
- Judd, Kenneth L, 1985.
"Short-run Analysis of Fiscal Policy in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 298-319, April.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1983. "Short-Run Analysis of Fiscal Policy in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model," Discussion Papers 559, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Intriligator, Michael D, 1975. "Strategic Considerations in the Richardson Model of Arms Races," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(2), pages 339-353, April.
- Michael D. Intriligator & D. L. Brito, 1976. "Formal Models of Arms Races," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 2(1), pages 77-88, February.
- Deger, Saadet & Sen, Somnath, 1984. "Optimal control and differential game models of military expenditure in less developed countries," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 153-169, May.
- M. Simaan & J. B. Cruz, 1975. "Formulation of Richardson's Model of Arms Race from a Differential Game Viewpoint," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(1), pages 67-77.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1982. "An alternative to steady-state comparisons in perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 55-59.
- Judd, Kenneth, 1987. "Debt and distortionary taxation in a simple perfect foresight model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 51-72, July.
- Deger, Saadet & Sen, Somnath, 1983. "Military expenditure, spin-off and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 67-83.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gong, Liutang & Zou, Heng-fu, 2003. "Military spending and stochastic growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 153-170, October.
- Gonzalo F-de-Córdoba & José L. Torres, 2016. "National security, military spending and the business cycle," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4), pages 549-570, August.
- Heng-Fu Zou, 1997.
"Dynamic analysis in the Viner model of mercantilism,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 637-651, August.
- Heng-fu Zou, 1997. "Dynamic analysis in the Viner model of mercantilism," CEMA Working Papers 100, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Shieh, Jhy-yuan & Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Wen-ya, 2002. "The impact of military burden on long-run growth and welfare," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 443-454, August.
- Chang, Wen-ya & Tsai, Hsueh-fang & Lai, Ching-chong, 2006. "Effects of an anticipated expansion in international public goods on public capital accumulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2859-2874, December.
- Thierry Laurent, 2012. "Dépenses militaires, croissance et bien être : une simulation de l’impact macroéconomique de la R&D défense," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 122(6), pages 971-1009.
- Ching-chong Lai & Jhy-yuan Shieh & Wen-Ya Chang, 2002. "Endogenous Growth and Defense Expenditures: A New Explanation of the Benoit Hypothesis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 179-186.
- Li, Anpeng, 2012. "Nuclear Arms Race and Environment," MPRA Paper 43883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Po‐Sheng Lin & Cheng‐Te Lee, 2012. "Military Spending, Threats And Stochastic Growth," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 8-19, January.
- Angus C. Chu & Ching-Chong Lai, 2012.
"On the Growth and Welfare Effects of Defense R&D,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 14(3), pages 473-492, June.
- Angus C. Chu & Ching-Chong Lai, 2009. "On the Growth and Welfare Effects of Defense R&D," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 09-A008, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, revised Dec 2009.
- Chu, Angus C. & Lai, Ching-Chong, 2009. "Defense R&D: Effects on Economic Growth and Social Welfare," MPRA Paper 16325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jhy-Yuan Shieh & Wen-Ya Chang & Ching-Chong Lai, 2007. "An Endogenous Growth Model Of Capital And Arms Accumulation," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 557-575.
- Stefano Bosi & Thierry Laurent, 2006. "Military R&D, Growth and the Optimal Allocation of Governement Spending," Documents de recherche 06-12, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Lin Hung-Pin & Tsung-Li Wang & Cheng-Lang Yang, 2016. "Further Causality Evidence on Arms Race, Inflation and Economic Growth," ECONOMIC COMPUTATION AND ECONOMIC CYBERNETICS STUDIES AND RESEARCH, Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, vol. 50(2), pages 123-136.
- Janmaat, John A & Ruijs, Arjan, 2006. "Investing in Arms to Secure Water," MPRA Paper 10667, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cheng-te Lee & Shang-fen Wu, 2015. "Military Spending and Stochastic Growth: A Small Open Economy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2026-2036.
- Wen-Ya Chang & Hsueh-Fang Tsai, 2006. "Devaluation, Capital Formation, and the Current Account," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 341-357, July.
- Chang, Wen-ya & Tsai, Hsueh-fang & Lai, Ching-chong, 2002. "Anticipated foreign military threat, arms accumulation, and the current account in a small open economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 1035-1052, December.
- Shin-Chyang Lee & Cheng-Te Lee & Shang-Fen Wu, 2016. "Military spending and growth: a small open economy stochastic growth model," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(1), pages 105-116, February.
- Cheng-Te Lee, 2007. "A New Explanation of Arms Races in the Third World: A Differential Game Model," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 3(2), pages 161-176, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital accumulation; Military spending; Economic growth; Arms race;
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:wpaper:80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emcufcn.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.