Strategic Considerations in the Richardson Model of Arms Races
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Devi Prasad DASH & Debi Prasad BAL & Manoranjan SAHOO, 2016.
"Nexus between defense expenditure and economic growth in BRIC economies: An empirical investigation,"
Theoretical and Applied Economics,
Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(606), S), pages 89-102, Spring.
- Dash, Devi Prasad & Bal, Debi Prasad & Sahoo, Manoranjan, 2016. "Nexus between defense expenditure and economic growth in BRIC economies: An empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 77014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gong, Liutang & Zou, Heng-fu, 2003. "Military spending and stochastic growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 153-170, October.
- Zou, Heng-fu, 1995. "A dynamic model of capital and arms accumulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 371-393.
- Levine, Paul & Smith, Ron, 1997. "The arms trade and the stability of regional arms races," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 631-654.
- José Jurado Sánchez, 2012. "¿Se financió la defensa a costa del gasto social y la economía en el siglo XX? El dilema cañones versus mantequilla," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 203(4), pages 89-117, December.
- Seiglie, Carlos & Liu, Peter C., 2002. "Arms races in the developing world: some policy implications," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(7-8), pages 693-705, November.
- J. Paul Dunne & María D.C. García-Alonso & Paul Levine & Ron P. Smith, 2006. "Managing asymmetric conflict," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 183-208, April.
- Anderton,Charles H. & Carter,John R., 2009. "Principles of Conflict Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521875578, January.
- Raul Caruso, 2015.
"Beyond deterrence and decline. Towards a general understanding of peace economics,"
Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali,
Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 128(1), pages 57-74.
- Caruso, Raul, 2014. "Beyond Deterrence and Decline. Towards a General Understanding of Peace Economics," MPRA Paper 59505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christos Kollias & Kleanthis Sirakoulis, 2002. "Arms Racing and the Costs of Arms Imports: A Stochastic Model," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 137-143.
- repec:bpj:pepspp:v:23:y:2017:i:2:p:14:n:5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akerman, Anders & Seim, Anna Larsson, 2014.
"The global arms trade network 1950–2007,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 535-551.
- Akerman, Anders & Larsson, Anna, 2010. "The Global Arms Trade Network 1950-2007," Research Papers in Economics 2010:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Anna Larsson Seim & Anders Akerman, 2012. "The Global Arms Trade Network 1950-2007," DEGIT Conference Papers c017_055, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Li, Anpeng, 2012. "Nuclear Arms Race and Environment," MPRA Paper 43883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2012. "Resource Wars and Confiscation Risk," OxCarre Working Papers 097, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:qba:annpro:v:6:y:1996:id:178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2017. "Rapacious Oil Exploration in face of Regime Switches: Breakthrough Renewable Energy and Dynamic Resource Wars," Development Working Papers 415, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 21 Feb 2017.
- Itay Ringel & Asher Tishler, 2011. "The Government Budget Allocation Process and National Security: An Application to the Israeli–Syrian Arms Race," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Conflict, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jhy-Yuan Shieh & Wen-Ya Chang & Ching-Chong Lai, 2007. "An Endogenous Growth Model Of Capital And Arms Accumulation," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 557-575.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1995. "Theorizing about conflict," Handbook of Defense Economics,in: Keith Hartley & Todd Sandler (ed.), Handbook of Defense Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 165-189 Elsevier.
- Robert Ayanian, 1986. "Nuclear consequences of the welfare state," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 201-222, January.
- Murray Wolfson, 1987. "A theorem on the existence of zones of initiation and deterrence in Intriligator-Brito arms race models," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 291-297, August.
- Michael Intriligator & Dagobert Brito, 1981. "Nuclear proliferation and the probability of nuclear war," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 247-260, January.
- Dunne J. Paul & Nikolaidou Eftychia & Smith Ron P., 2005. "Is there an Arms Race between Greece and Turkey?," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-37, November.
- Mike Felgenhauer, 2007. "A sheriff, two bullets and three problems," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 347-362, March.
- Cheng-Te Lee, 2007. "A New Explanation of Arms Races in the Third World: A Differential Game Model," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 3(2), pages 161-176, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:83:y:1975:i:2:p:339-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.