Non-revelation mechanisms in many-to-one markets
This paper presents a sequential admission mechanism where students are allowed to send multiple applications to colleges and colleges sequentially decide the applicants to enroll. The irreversibility of agents decisions and the sequential structure of the enrollments make truthful behavior a dominant strategy for colleges. Due to these features, the mechanism implements the set of stable matchings in Subgame Perfect Nash equilibrium. We extend the analysis to a mechanism where colleges make proposals to potential students and students decide sequentially. We show that this mechanism implements the stable set as well.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34-91 6249594
Fax: +34-91 6249329
Web page: http://www.eco.uc3m.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillaume Haeringer & Myrna Wooders, 2011.
"Decentralized job matching,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Haeinger, Guillaume & Wooders, Myrna, 2003. "Decentralized Job Matching," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 688, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Myrna Wooders, 2003. "Decentralized job matching," Working Papers 40, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Myrna Wooders, 2003. "Decentralised Job Matching," Working Papers 2003.114, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Balinski, Michel & Sonmez, Tayfun, 1999. "A Tale of Two Mechanisms: Student Placement," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 73-94, January.
- Alcalde, Jose & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 2005.
"Sequential decisions in the college admissions problem,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 153-158, February.
- José Alcalde & Antonio Romero Medina, 1999. "- Sequential Decisions In The College Admissions Problem," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-16, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Marilda Sotomayor, 2003. "Reaching the core of the marriage market through a non-revelation matching mechanism," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 241-251, December.
- Alcalde, Jose & Romero-Medina, Antonio, 2000.
"Simple Mechanisms to Implement the Core of College Admissions Problems,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 294-302, May.
- José Alcalde Pérez & Antonio Romero-Medina, 1996. "Simple mechanisms to implement the core of college admissions problems," Working Papers. Serie AD 1996-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera & Sebastian Gallegos, 2010. "Public-Private Wage Gap In Latin America (1999-2007): A Matching Approach," Documentos de Trabajo 268, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Triossi, Matteo, 2009. "Hiring mechanisms, application costs and stability," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 566-575, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we1018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.