Computing Continuous-Time Growth Models With Boundary Conditions Via Wavelets
This paper presents an algorithm for approximating the solution of deterministic/stochastic continuous-time growth models based on the Euler's equation and the transversality conditions. The main issue for computing these models is to deal efficiently with the boundary conditions associated. This approach is a wavelets-collocation method derived from the finite-iterative trapezoidal approach. Illustrative examples are given.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 91 624-9630
Fax: +34 91 624-9608
Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_economia_empresa
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Swan, Trevor W, 2002. "Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(243), pages 375-80, December.
- Goffe, William L, 1993. "A User's Guide to the Numerical Solution of Two-Point Boundary Value Problems Arising in Continuous Time Dynamic Economic Models," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 6(3-4), pages 249-55, November.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1.
- Rust, John, 1996. "Numerical dynamic programming in economics," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 619-729 Elsevier.
- T. W. Swan, 1956. "ECONOMIC GROWTH and CAPITAL ACCUMULATION," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 334-361, November.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711, June.
- Nualart, David & Pardoux, Etienne, 1991. "Second order stochastic differential equations with Dirichlet boundary conditions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-24, October.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Santos, Manuel S., 1999. "Numerical solution of dynamic economic models," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 311-386 Elsevier.
- Mercedes Esteban-Bravo, 2004. "Computing Equilibria in General Equilibrium Models via Interior-point Methods," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 147-171, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wbrepe:wb045619. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.