Monetary Policy and Rational Asset Price Bubbles
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 2001. "Should Central Banks Respond to Movements in Asset Prices?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 253-257, May.
- Manuel S. Santos & Michael Woodford, 1997.
"Rational Asset Pricing Bubbles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 19-58, January.
- Manuel S. Santos & Michael Woodford, 1993. "Rational Asset Pricing Bubbles," Working Papers 9304, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Santos, Manuel S. & Woodford, Michael, 1995. "Rational asset pricing bubbles," UC3M Working papers. Economics 3913, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2012.
"Credit Booms Gone Bust: Monetary Policy, Leverage Cycles, and Financial Crises, 1870-2008,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 1029-1061, April.
- Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2009. "Credit Booms Gone Bust: Monetary Policy, Leverage Cycles and Financial Crises, 1870-2008," NBER Working Papers 15512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schularick, Moritz & Taylor, Alan M., 2009. "Credit Booms Gone Bust: Monetary Policy, Leverage Cycles and Financial Crises, 1870-2008," CEPR Discussion Papers 7570, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- repec:mtp:titles:026201761x-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blanchard, Olivier, 2012. "Monetary Policy in the Wake of the Crisis," MIT Press Book Chapters,in: In the Wake of the Crisis: Leading Economists Reassess Economic Policy, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 7-13 The MIT Press.
- Tirole, Jean, 1985. "Asset Bubbles and Overlapping Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1499-1528, November.
- Philip Lowe & Claudio Borio, 2002. "Asset prices, financial and monetary stability: exploring the nexus," BIS Working Papers 114, Bank for International Settlements.
- Scheinkman, Jose A & Weiss, Laurence, 1986. "Borrowing Constraints and Aggregate Economic Activity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(1), pages 23-45, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William B English & J David López-Salido & Robert J Tetlow, 2015.
"The Federal Reserve’s Framework for Monetary Policy: Recent Changes and New Questions,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 63(1), pages 22-70, May.
- William B. English & J. David López-Salido & Robert J. Tetlow, 2013. "The Federal Reserve's framework for monetary policy - recent changes and new questions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-76, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jordi Galí & Luca Gambetti, 2015.
"The Effects of Monetary Policy on Stock Market Bubbles: Some Evidence,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, pages 233-257.
- Jordi Galí & Luca Gambetti, 2013. "The Effects of Monetary Policy on Stock Market Bubbles: Some Evidence," NBER Chapters,in: Lessons from the Financial Crisis for Monetary Policy National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Galí & Luca Gambetti, 2013. "The effects of monetary policy on stock market bubbles: Some evidence," Economics Working Papers 1392, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 2013.
- Jordi Gali & Luca Gambetti, 2014. "The Effects of Monetary Policy on Stock Market Bubbles: Some Evidence," NBER Working Papers 19981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Galí & Luca Gambetti, 2013. "The Effects of Monetary Policy on Stock Market Bubbles: Some Evidence," Working Papers 724, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Galí, Jordi & Gambetti, Luca, 2014. "The Effects of Monetary Policy on Stock Market Bubbles: Some Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 10070, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leroi Raputsoane, 2014. "Disaggregated Credit Extension and Financial Distress in South Africa," Working Papers 435, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Leroi RAPUTSOANE, 2015.
"The lean versus clean debate and monetary policy in South Africa,"
Journal of Economics and Political Economy,
KSP Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 467-480, December.
- Raputsoane, Leroi, 2015. "The lean versus clean debate and monetary policy in South Africa," MPRA Paper 68123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ayako Saiki & Jon Frost, 2014.
"Does unconventional monetary policy affect inequality? Evidence from Japan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(36), pages 4445-4454, December.
- Ayako Saiki & Jon Frost, 2014. "Does Unconventional Monetary Policy Affect Inequality? Evidence from Japan," Working Papers 1402, Council on Economic Policies.
- Abdullah Yavas, 2013. "Asset Price Bubbles and Monetary Policy," Working Papers 102013, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Holtemöller Oliver, 2013. "Explosive Preisentwicklung und spekulative Blasen auf Rohstoffmärkten / Explosive behavior and speculative bubbles on commodity markets," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 64(1), pages 405-420, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset price volatility; Leaning against the wind policies; Monetary policy rules; Stabilization policies;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-04-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2013-04-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-04-13 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:9355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.