Dynamic Limit Pricing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Limit Pricing and Entry under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 443-459, March.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1998. "Limit Pricing and Entry Under Incomplete Information: An Equilibrium Analysis," Levine's Working Paper Archive 245, David K. Levine.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1985. "A Bargaining Model with Incomplete Information about Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1151-1172, September.
- In-Koo Cho, 1990. "Uncertainty and Delay in Bargaining," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(4), pages 575-595.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1988.
"The dynamic annihilation of a rational competitive fringe by a low-cost dominant firm,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 659-678, November.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1987. "The Dynamic Annihilation of a Rational Competitive Fringe by a Low-cost Dominant Firm," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6926m79z, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Greg LeBlanc, 1992. "Signalling Strength: Limit Pricing and Predatory Pricing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(4), pages 493-506, Winter.
- Judd, Kenneth L. & Petersen, Bruce C., 1986. "Dynamic limit pricing and internal finance," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 368-399, August.
- Kaya, Ayça, 2009. "Repeated signaling games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 841-854, July.
- Loretta J. Mester, 1992.
"Perpetual Signalling with Imperfectly Correlated Costs,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(4), pages 548-563, Winter.
- Loretta J. Mester, 1990. "Perpetual signaling with imperfectly correlated costs," Working Papers 90-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Georg Noldeke & Eric van Damme, 1990. "Signalling in a Dynamic Labour Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 1-23.
- Heski Bar-Isaac, 2003. "Reputation and Survival: Learning in a Dynamic Signalling Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 231-251.
- Therese Flaherty, M., 1980. "Dynamic limit pricing, barriers to entry, and rational firms," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 160-182, October.
- Friedman, James W., 1983. "Limit price entry prevention when complete information is lacking," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 187-199, February.
- Steven A. Lippman, 1980. "Optimal Pricing to Retard Entry," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 723-731.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Perry, Motty, 1986.
"Sequential bargaining under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 120-154, June.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Motty Perry, 1986. "Sequential Bargaining Under Asymmetric Information," NBER Technical Working Papers 0056, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaskins, Darius Jr., 1971. "Dynamic limit pricing: Optimal pricing under threat of entry," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 306-322, September.
- Vincent, Daniel R, 1998. "Repeated Signalling Games and Dynamic Trading Relationships," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(2), pages 275-293, May.
- Georg Nöldeke & Eric van Damme, 1990. "Switching Away From Probability One Beliefs," Discussion Paper Serie A 304, University of Bonn, Germany.
- De Bondt, Raymond R, 1976. "Limit Pricing, Uncertain Entry, and the Entry Lag," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 939-946, September.
- In-Koo Cho & David M. Kreps, 1987. "Signaling Games and Stable Equilibria," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 179-221.
- Matthews, Steven A & Mirman, Leonard J, 1983.
"Equilibrium Limit Pricing: The Effects of Private Information and Stochastic Demand,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 981-996, July.
- Steven A. Matthews & Leonard J. Mirman, 1981. "Equilibrium Limit Pricing: The Effects of Private Information and Stochastic Demand," Discussion Papers 494, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Weiss, Andrew, 1983. "A Sorting-cum-Learning Model of Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 420-442, June.
- Baron, David P, 1973. "Limit Pricing, Potential Entry, and Barriers to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 666-674, September.
- Madrigal, Vicente & Tan, Tommy C. C. & Werlang, Sergio Ribeiro da Costa, 1987. "Support restrictions and sequential equilibria," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 329-334, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pires Cesaltina Pacheco & Catalão-Lopes Margarida, 2013. "Economies of Scope, Entry Deterrence and Welfare," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 419-452, June.
- Christopher Gedge & James W. Roberts & Andrew Sweeting, 2014. "A Model of Dynamic Limit Pricing with an Application to the Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 20293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic limit pricing; Dynamic signaling; Entry deterrence;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:8104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.