Estimating Urban Road Congestion Charges
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Newbery, David M, 1988. "Road Damage Externalities and Road User Charges," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 295-316, March.
- Newbery, David M, 1990. "Pricing and Congestion: Economic Principles Relevant to Pricing Roads," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 22-38, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Koning, 2009. "La congestion du boulevard périphérique parisien : Estimations, évolution 2000-2007, discussions," Post-Print halshs-00363389, HAL.
- Ian W.H. Parry, 2009.
"Pricing Urban Congestion,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 461-484, September.
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2008. "Pricing Urban Congestion," Discussion Papers dp-08-35, Resources For the Future.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Antonio Bento, 2001.
"Revenue Recycling and the Welfare Effects of Road Pricing,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(4), pages 645-671, December.
- Parry, Ian W.H. & Bento, Antonio M., 1999. "Revenue Recycling and the Welfare Effects of Road Pricing," Discussion Papers 10548, Resources for the Future.
- Parry, Ian W.H. & Bento, Antonio Miguel R., 1999. "Revenue recycling and the welfare effects of road pricing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2253, The World Bank.
- Parry, Ian & Bento, Antonio, 1999. "Revenue Recycling and the Welfare Effects of Road Pricing," Discussion Papers dp-99-45, Resources For the Future.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2014. "Shedding light on the appropriateness of the (high) gasoline tax level in Germany," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 189-210.
- Mohammad Haider Kamruzzaman & Takeshi Mizunoya, 2021. "Quantitative analysis of optimum corrective fuel tax for road vehicles in Bangladesh: achieving the greenhouse gas reduction goal," Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 91-124, February.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2005.
"Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1276-1289, September.
- Parry, Ian & Small, Kenneth, 2002. "Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?," Discussion Papers dp-02-12-, Resources For the Future.
- Parry, Ian W.H. & Small, Kenneth A., 2004. "Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?," Discussion Papers 10461, Resources for the Future.
- Edoardo Croci & Aldo Ravazzi Douvan, 2016. "Urban Road Pricing: A Comparative Study on the Experiences of London, Stockholm and Milan," IEFE Working Papers 85, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Link, Heike, 2006.
"An econometric analysis of motorway renewal costs in Germany,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 19-34, January.
- Heike Link, 2004. "An econometric analysis of motorway renewal costs in Germany," Working Papers 09, Institute of Transport Economics, University of Muenster.
- Edward Calthrop & Stef Proost, 1998. "Road Transport Externalities," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 335-348, April.
- Santos, Georgina & Behrendt, Hannah & Maconi, Laura & Shirvani, Tara & Teytelboym, Alexander, 2010. "Part I: Externalities and economic policies in road transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 2-45.
- Robin Lindsey, 2006. "Do Economists Reach A Conclusion on Road Pricing? The Intellectual History of an Idea," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(2), pages 292-379, May.
- Parry, Ian, 2000. "Comparing the Marginal Excess Burden of Labor, Gasoline, Cigarette and Alcohol Taxes: An Application to the United Kingdom," Discussion Papers dp-00-33-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2020. "Why are highway speed limits really justified? An equilibrium speed choice analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 317-351.
- Safirova, Elena & Gillingham, Kenneth & Houde, Sébastien, 2007.
"Measuring marginal congestion costs of urban transportation: Do networks matter?,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 734-749, October.
- Safirova, Elena & Gillingham, Kenneth, 2003. "Measuring Marginal Congestion Costs of Urban Transportation: Do Networks Matter?," Discussion Papers 10675, Resources for the Future.
- Safirova, Elena & Gillingham, Kenneth, 2003. "Measuring Marginal Congestion Costs of Urban Transportation: Do Networks Matter?," Discussion Papers dp-03-56, Resources For the Future.
- Börjesson, Maria & Asplund, Disa & Hamilton, Carl, 2021. "Optimal kilometre tax for electric passenger cars," Working Papers 2021:3, Swedish National Road & Transport Research Institute (VTI).
- Mamedov, Arseny (Мамедов, Арсений) & Hudko, E. (Худько, Е.) & Belev, Sergei (Белев, Сергей) & Moguchev, Nikita Sergeevich (Могучев, Никита Сергеевич), 2016. "Comparative Analysis of the Effectiveness of Individual Instruments of State Investment Policy [Сравнительный Анализ Эффективности Применения Отдельных Инструментов Государственной Инвестиционной П," Working Papers 3052, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj & Munch, Jakob Roland & Schroll, Sanne & Skaksen, Jan Rose, 2007. "Holdninger til immigration - Er danskerne specielle?," Nationaløkonomisk tidsskrift, Nationaløkonomisk Forening, vol. 2007(1), pages 59-82.
- Pablo D. Fajgelbaum & Edouard Schaal, 2020.
"Optimal Transport Networks in Spatial Equilibrium,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 88(4), pages 1411-1452, July.
- Pablo D. Fajgelbaum & Edouard Schaal, 2017. "Optimal Transport Networks in Spatial Equilibrium," NBER Working Papers 23200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fajgelbaum, Pablo & Schaal, Edouard, 2019. "Optimal Transport Networks in Spatial Equilibrium," CEPR Discussion Papers 13861, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lu-Yi Qiu & Ling-Yun He, 2018. "Bike Sharing and the Economy, the Environment, and Health-Related Externalities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(4), pages 1-10, April.
- Baños-Pino, José F. & Boto-García, David & Zapico, Emma, 2021. "Electricity Sector Reform Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Parametric Distance Function Approach," Efficiency Series Papers 2021/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Mark Thissen & Narisra Limtanakool & Hans Hilbers, 2011. "Road pricing and agglomeration economies: a new methodology to estimate indirect effects applied to the Netherlands," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(3), pages 543-567, December.
- Cheng Keat Tang, 2016. "Traffic Externalities and Housing Prices: Evidence from the London Congestion Charge," SERC Discussion Papers 0205, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
More about this item
Keywordscongestion tolls; efficient charges; road pricing; traffic congestion;
All these keywords.
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2003-03-14 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2003-03-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:3176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.