Competition, Complementarity and Contagion in East Asia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shujiro Urata, 1993. "Japanese Foreign Direct Investment and Its Effect on Foreign Trade in Asia," NBER Chapters,in: Trade and Protectionism, NBER-EASE Volume 2, pages 273-304 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Wei, Shang-Jin, 1996.
"ASEAN in a Regional Perspective,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
233438, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel and Shang-Jin Wei., 1996. "ASEAN in a Regional Perspective," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C96-074, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "ASEAN in a regional perspective," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 96-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Wei, Shang-Jin, 1996. "ASEAN in a Regional Perspective," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt7g38z09z, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Gian M Milesi-Ferretti & Lorenzo Giorgianni, 1997.
"Determinants of Korean Trade Flows and their Geographical Destination,"
IMF Working Papers
97/54, International Monetary Fund.
- Giorgianni, Lorenzo & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 1997. "Determinants of Korean Trade Flows and their Geographical Destination," CEPR Discussion Papers 1703, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym & Francois, Joseph, 1997. "Commercial Links Between Western Europe and East Asia: Retrospect and Prospects," CEPR Discussion Papers 1760, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Warwick J McKibbin & Will Martin, 1998.
"The East Asian Crisis: Investigating Causes and Policy Responses,"
Departmental Working Papers
1998-06, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- McKibbin, Warwick & Marin, Will, 1999. "The East Asian crisis : investigating causes and policy responses," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2172, The World Bank.
- Finger, J M & Kreinin, M E, 1979. "A Measure of 'Export Similarity' and Its Possible Uses," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 905-912, December.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Djankov, Simeon, 1997. "Determinants of the Export Structure of Countries in Central and Eastern Europe," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(3), pages 471-487, September.
- Noland, Marcus, 1997. "Has Asian export performance been unique?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 79-101, August.
- Jenny Corbett & David Vines, 1999. "Asian Currency and Financial Crises: Lessons from Vulnerability, Crisis and Collapse," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 155-177, March.
- Muscatelli, V. A. & Stevenson, A. A. & Montagna, C., 1994. "Intra-NIE competition in exports of manufactures," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 29-47, August.
- Li-Gang Liu & Marcus Noland & Sherman Robinson & Zhi Wang, 1998. "Asian Competitive Devaluations," Working Paper Series wp98-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mora, Ricardo & Siotis, Georges, 2005.
"External factors in emerging market recoveries: An empirical investigation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 683-702, April.
- Mora, Ricardo & Siotis, Georges, 2000. "External factors in emerging market recoveries: an empirical investigation," UC3M Working papers. Economics 7251, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Ricardo Mora & Georges Siotis, 2000. "External Factors in Emerging Market Recoveries: An Empirical Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1415, Econometric Society.
- Eric Girardin, 2004.
"Regime-Dependent Synchronization of Growth Cycles between Japan and East Asia,"
Asian Economic Papers,
MIT Press, vol. 3(3), pages 147-176.
- Eric Girardin, 2004. "Regime-dependent synchronization of growth cycles between Japan and East Asia," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 66, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Alan G. Ahearne & John G. Fernald & Prakash Loungani & John W. Schindler, 2006. "Flying geese or sitting ducks: China’s impact on the trading fortunes of other Asian economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 887, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Roberta De Santis, 2004. "Has Trade Structure Any Importance in the Trasmission of Currency Shocks? An Empirical Application for Central and Eastern European Acceding Countries to Eu," ISAE Working Papers 43, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Alan G. Ahearne & John G. Fernald & Prakash Loungani & John W. Schindler, 2003. "China and emerging Asia: comrades or competitors?," Working Paper Series WP-03-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Madani, Dorsati H., 2001. "Regional integration and industrial growth among developing countries - the case of three ASEAN members," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2697, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsContagion; East Asia; Financial Crisis; Interdependence; Regional Economic Integration;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:2112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.