Has Asian export performance been unique?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cline, William R., 1982. "Can the East Asian model of development be generalized?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 81-90, February.
- Gary R. Saxonhouse, 1989.
"Differentiated Products, Economies of Scale, and Access to the Japanese Market,"
NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policies for International Competitiveness, pages 145-184
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saxonhouse, G.R., 1988. "Differentiated Products, Economies Of Scale And Access To The Japanese Market," Working Papers 228, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Trefler, Daniel, 1993. "International Factor Price Differences: Leontief Was Right!," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 961-987, December.
- Peter A. Petri, 1991. "Market Structure, Comparative Advantage, and Japanese Trade under the Strong Yen," NBER Chapters,in: Trade with Japan: Has the Door Opened Wider?, pages 51-84 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ram, Rati, 1985. "Exports and Economic Growth: Some Additional Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 415-425, January.
- Kellman, Mitchell & Schroder, Tim, 1983. "The Export Similarity Index: Some Structural Tests," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(369), pages 193-198, March.
- W. P. Hogan, 1985. "Reply," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 4(1), pages 84-84, March.
- Finger, J M & Kreinin, M E, 1979. "A Measure of 'Export Similarity' and Its Possible Uses," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 905-912, December.
- Bowen, Harry P & Leamer, Edward E & Sveikauskas, Leo, 1987.
"Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 791-809, December.
- Harry P. Bowen & Edward E. Leamer & Leo Sveikauskas, 1986. "Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory," NBER Working Papers 1918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ranis, Gustav, 1985. "Can the East Asian model of development be generalized? a comment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 543-545, April.
- Marcus Noland, 1997.
"Public Policy, Private Preferences, And The Japanese Trade Pattern,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 259-266, May.
- Marcus Noland, 1996. "Public Policy, Private Preferences, and the Japanese Trade Pattern," Working Paper Series WP96-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Jung, Woo S. & Marshall, Peyton J., 1985. "Exports, growth and causality in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-12.
- Dollar, David, 1992. "Outward-Oriented Developing Economies Really Do Grow More Rapidly: Evidence from 95 LDCs, 1976-1985," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(3), pages 523-544, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amin Gutierrez de Pineres, Sheila & Ferrantino, Michael, 1997. "Export diversification and structural dynamics in the growth process: The case of Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 375-391, April.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony Venables, 2004.
"Geography and Export Performance: External Market Access and Internal Supply Capacity,"
NBER Chapters,in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 95-130
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2003. "Geography and Export Performance: External Market Access and Internal Supply Capacity," NBER Working Papers 9637, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Redding, Stephen J. & Venables, Anthony J, 2003. "Geography and Export Performance: External Market Access and Internal Supply Capacity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3807, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- López, Ramón, 2010. "Global economic crises, environmental-resource scarcity and wealth concentration," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Zelal Kotan & Serdar Sayan, 2001. "A Comparison Of The Price Competitiveness Of Turkish And South East Asian Exports In The European Union Market In The 1990s," Discussion Papers 0102, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Stefano Chiarlone & Alessia Amighini, 2000. "Any Sequel to the "Miracle"? Growth Potential in East Asia: Evidence from International Trade Flows," KITeS Working Papers 123, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2000.
- Lal, K., 2004.
"E-Business and Export Behavior: Evidence from Indian Firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 505-517, March.
- Lal, K., 2002. "E-business and Export Behaviour: Evidence from Indian Firms," WIDER Working Paper Series 068, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Redding, Stephen & Venables, Tony, 2002.
"Explaining cross-country export performance: international linkages and internal geography,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2173, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2002. "Explaining Cross-Country Export Performance: International Linkages and Internal Geography," CEP Discussion Papers dp0549, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Breuer, Janice Boucher & Clements, Leianne A., 2003. "The commodity composition of US-Japanese trade and the yen/dollar real exchange rate," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 307-330, August.
- Diwan, Ishac & Hoekman, Bernard, 1999. "Competition, Complementarity and Contagion in East Asia," CEPR Discussion Papers 2112, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pack, Howard, 2000. "Industrial Policy: Growth Elixir or Poison?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(1), pages 47-67, February.
- Chadha, Alka, 2009. "Product Cycles, Innovation, and Exports: A Study of Indian Pharmaceuticals," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1478-1483, September.
- William E. James, 2001. "Trade Relations of Korea and Japan: Moving for Conflict to Cooperation?," Economics Study Area Working Papers 11, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- An--Chi Tung, 2003. "Beyond Flying Geese: The Expansion of East Asia"s Electronics Trade," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(1), pages 35-51, February.
- Jonathan Perraton, 2003. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth and Developing Countries: An examination of Thirlwall's hypothesis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 1-22.
- Redding, Stephen & Venables, Anthony J., 2003. "South-East Asian export performance: external market access and internal supply capacity," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 404-431, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:43:y:1997:i:1-2:p:79-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.