Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bowen, Harry P & Leamer, Edward E & Sveikauskas, Leo, 1987. "Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 791-809, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baldwin, Robert E, 1971. "Determinants of the Commodity Structure of U.S. Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 126-146, March.
- Sveikauskas, Leo A, 1983. "Science and Technology in United States Foreign Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(371), pages 542-554, September.
- Branson, William H. & Monoyios, Nikolaos, 1977. "Factor inputs in U.S. trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 111-131, May.
- Brecher, Richard A & Choudhri, Ehsan U, 1982. "The Leontief Paradox, Continued," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 820-823, August.
- Bowen, Harry P, 1983. "Changes in the International Distribution of Resources and Their Impact on U.S. Comparative Advantage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 402-414, August.
- Harkness, Jon P, 1978. "Factor Abundance and Comparative Advantage," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(5), pages 784-800, December.
- Horiba, Yutaka, 1979. "Testing the Demand Side of Comparative Advantage Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 650-661, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kumi, Alexander, 1992. "An assessment of the likely impact of the liberalization of the Soviet economy on Soviet patterns of trade," ISU General Staff Papers 1992010108000011323, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Bernhofen, 2010.
"The Empirics of General Equilibrium Tade Theory: What Have we Learned?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Daniel M. Bernhofen, 2010. "The Empirics of General Equilibrium Trade Theory: What Have We Learned?," Discussion Papers 10/24, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Beatriz Muriel & Cristina Terra, 2009.
"Sources of Comparative Advantages in Brazil,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 15-27, February.
- Muriel, Beatriz & Terra, Maria Cristina T., 2007. "Sources of comparative advantages in Brazil," FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 658, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Beatriz Muriel & Cristina Terra, 2008. "Sources of Comparative Advantages in Brazil," THEMA Working Papers 2008-12, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Konchyn, Vadym, 2004. "Komparative Wettbewerbsposition der Ukraine in den Produktions- und Handelsbeziehungen im Weltwirtschaftssystem und mit dem sich erweiternden Europa," Kiel Working Papers 1219, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Harry P. Bowen & Leo Sveikauskas, 1992. "Judging Factor Abundance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 599-620.
- William H. Branson & Herbert Giersch & Peter G. Peterson, 1980. "Trends in United States International Trade and Investment since World War II," NBER Chapters, in: The American Economy in Transition, pages 183-274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cletus C. Coughlin, 1988. "The competitive nature of state spending on the promotion of manufacturing exports," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 34-42.
- Keith Maskus & Catherine Sveikauskas & Allan Webster, 1994.
"The composition of the human capital stock and its relation to international trade: Evidence from the US and Britain,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(1), pages 50-76, March.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Sveikauskas, Catherine D. & Webster, Allan, 1993. "The Composition Of The Human Capital Stock And Its Relation To International Trade: Evidence From The Us And Britain," Reading Agricultural Economics Archive 272487, University of Reading.
- Ozcelik, Emre & Taymaz, Erol, 2004.
"Does innovativeness matter for international competitiveness in developing countries?: The case of Turkish manufacturing industries,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 409-424, April.
- Emre Özçelik & Erol Taymaz, 2001. "Does Innovativeness Matter for International Competitiveness in Developing Countries? The Case of Turkish Manufacturing Industries," ERC Working Papers 0107, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jul 2001.
- CÃ¶rvers F. & Reininga T., 1998. "The Dutch Factor Content of Human and Physical Capital: A Test of the HOV Model," ROA Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Vittorio Corbo & Patricio Meller, 1980. "Alternative Trade Strategies and Employment Implications: Chile," NBER Chapters, in: Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, Volume 1: Individual Studies, pages 83-134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corvers, Frank & de Grip, Andries, 1997. "Explaining trade in industrialized countries by country-specific human capital endowments," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 395-416, July.
- John Mutti & Harry Grubert, 1984. "The Domestic International Sales Corporation and Its Effects," NBER Chapters, in: The Structure and Evolution of Recent US Trade Policy, pages 279-320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Foders, Federico, 1983. "Industriegüterexport und Faktorproportionenhypothese: Untersuchung am Beispiel der Exportstruktur Argentiniens," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 439, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Anne O. Krueger, 1980. "The Framework of the Country Studies," NBER Chapters, in: Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, Volume 1: Individual Studies, pages 1-28, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:shr:wpaper:13-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shujiro Urata & Kozo Kiyota, 2003. "Services Trade in East Asia," NBER Chapters, in: Trade in Services in the Asia-Pacific Region, pages 379-428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Romalis, 2004. "Factor Proportions and the Structure of Commodity Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 67-97, March.
- David Dollar, 1987. "Offshore Assembly by U.S. Computer Firms: Employment and Income Effects," UCLA Economics Working Papers 446, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1999.
"The Structure of Foreign Trade,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 121-144, Spring.
- Helpman, E., 1998. "The Structure of Foreign Trade," Papers 18-98, Tel Aviv.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1998. "The Structure of Foreign Trade," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1848, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1998. "The Structure of Foreign Trade," NBER Working Papers 6752, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1998. "The Structure of Foreign Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 2020, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J., 2011. "The domestic content of imports and the foreign content of exports," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 173-184, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.