Industrial Policy: Growth Elixir or Poison?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pack, Howard, 1988. "Industrialization and trade," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 333-380 Elsevier.
- Krueger, Anne O & Tuncer, Baran, 1982. "An Empirical Test of the Infant Industry Argument," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1142-1152, December.
- Tibor Scitovsky, 1954. "Two Concepts of External Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 143-143.
- Dani Rodrik, 1994. "Getting Interventions Right: How South Korea and Taiwan Grew Rich," NBER Working Papers 4964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fry, M.J., 1995. "Financial Development in Asia: Some Analytical Issues," Papers 95-01, University of Birmingham - International Financial Group.
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 1993. "Japan's Different Trade Regime: An Analysis with Particular Reference to Seiretsu," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 3-19, Summer.
- Noland, Marcus, 1997. "Has Asian export performance been unique?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 79-101, August.
- Klaus E Meyer, 1997. "Learning from the Asian Tigers. Studies in Technology and Industrial Policy," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 39(1), pages 95-97, April.
- Pack, Howard & Westphal, Larry E., 1986. "Industrial strategy and technological change : Theory versus reality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-128, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcus Noland, 2004.
"Selective Intervention and Growth: The Case of Korea,"
Chapters,in: Empirical Methods in International Trade, chapter 13
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marcus Noland, 2004. "Selective Intervention and Growth: The Case of Korea," Working Paper Series WP04-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Marcus Noland & Howard Pack, 2005. "The East Asian Industrial Policy Experience: Implications for the Middle East," Working Paper Series WP05-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Constantino Hevia & Norman Loayza & Claudia Meza-Cuadra, 2017.
"Industrial Policies vs Public Goods under Asymmetric Information,"
2017-93, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Hevia,Constantino & Loayza,Norman V. & Meza Cuadra Balcazar,Claudia Maria, 2017. "Industrial policies vs public goods under asymmetric information," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8052, The World Bank.
- Benhassine, Najy & Raballand, Gaël, 2009. "Beyond ideological cleavages: A unifying framework for industrial policies and other public interventions," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 293-309, December.
- Daniel Lederman & William F. Maloney, 2007.
"Natural Resources : Neither Curse nor Destiny,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 7183, September.
- Anthony J. Venables & William Maloney & Ari Kokko & Claudio Bravo Ortega & Daniel Lederman & Roberto Rigobón & José De Gregorio & Jesse Czelusta & Shamila A. Jayasuriya & Magnus Blomström & L. Colin X, 2007. "Natural Resources: Neither Curse nor Destiny," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59538 edited by William Maloney & Daniel Lederman, February.
- World Bank, 2006. "Fostering Higher Growth and Employment in the Kingdom of Morocco," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7114.
- Jin, Seung Ha, 2013. "The Effect of South Korean FTAs on Trade: Country-level and Industry-level Analyses," Master's Theses 149430, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- repec:idb:idbbks:350 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerald Mc Dermott, 2005. "The Politics of Institutional Renovation and Economic Upgrading: Lessons from the Argentine Wine Industry," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 817, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Naude, Wim, 2009. "The Global Economic Crisis after One Year: Is a New Paradigm for Recovery in Developing Countries Emerging?," WIDER Working Papers UNU-WIDER UNU Policy Brie, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Naude Wim, 2011. "Global Finance after the Crisis: Reform Imperatives and Vested Interests," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-22, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:wbrobs:v:15:y:2000:i:1:p:47-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wrldbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.