Piracy prevention and the pricing of information goods
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2009. "Piracy prevention and the pricing of information goods," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 34-42, February.
- Helmuth Cremer & Pierre Pestieau, 2009. "Piracy prevention and the pricing of information goods," Post-Print halshs-00754396, HAL.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2006. "Piracy Prevention and the Pricing of Information Goods," CEPR Discussion Papers 5556, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bae, Sang Hoo & Choi, Jay Pil, 2006. "A model of piracy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 303-320, September.
- Yoon, Kiho, 2002. "The optimal level of copyright protection," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 327-348, September.
- Paul Belleflamme, 2002.
"Pricing Information Goods in the Presence of Copying,"
463, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Paul Belleflamme, 2002. "Pricing Information Goods in the Presence of Copying," Working Papers 463, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Varian, Hal R, 2000. "Buying, Sharing and Renting Information Goods," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 473-488, December.
- Oz Shy & Jacques-Françlois Thisse, 1999. "A Strategic Approach to Software Protection," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 163-190, June.
- Takeyama, Lisa N, 1994. "The Welfare Implications of Unauthorized Reproduction of Intellectual Property in the Presence of Demand Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 155-166, June.
- Liebowitz, S J, 1985. "Copying and Indirect Appropriability: Photocopying of Journals," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 945-957, October.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 2003. "Public goods with costly access," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 1985-2012, September.
- Martin Peitz & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2003. "Piracy of Digital Products: A Critical Review of the Economics Literature," CESifo Working Paper Series 1071, CESifo.
- Paul Romer, 2002. "When Should We Use Intellectual Property Rights?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 213-216, May.
- Besen, Stanley M & Kirby, Sheila Nataraj, 1989. "Private Copying, Appropriability, and Optimal Copying Royalties," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 255-280, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Waters, James, 2013. "Pricing information goods with piracy and heterogeneous consumers," MPRA Paper 46918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Regner, Tobias & Riener, Gerhard, 2012.
"Voluntary payments, privacy and social pressure on the internet: A natural field experiment,"
DICE Discussion Papers
82, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Tobias Regner & Gerhard Riener, 2013. "Voluntary Payments, Privacy and Social Pressure on the Internet: A Natural Field Experiment," Jena Economic Research Papers 2013-032, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Tsai, Ming-Fang & Chiou, Jiunn-Rong & Lin, Chun-Hung A., 2012. "A model of counterfeiting: A duopoly approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 283-291.
- Chang, Yang-Ming & Walter, Jason, 2015. "Digital piracy: Price-quality competition between legal firms and P2P network hosts," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 22-32.
- Éric Darmon & Thomas Le Texier, 2014. "Private or Public Law Enforcement? The Case of Digital Piracy Policies with Non-monitored Illegal Behaviors," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201403, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Yuanzhu Lu & Sougata Poddar, 2019. "Limiting End-user Piracy - The Role of Private and Public Anti-Piracy Measure," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 20(1), pages 181-197, May.
- Cho, Won-Young & Ahn, Byong-Hun, 2010. "Versioning of information goods under the threat of piracy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 332-340, December.
- Robert Gmeiner, 2019. "Innovation, Theft, and Market Structure," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 47(3), pages 243-260, September.
- Choi, Pilsik & Bae, Sang Hoo & Jun, Jongbyung, 2010. "Digital piracy and firms' strategic interactions: The effects of public copy protection and DRM similarity," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 354-364, December.
- Paulomi Basu & Tanmoyee Banerjee, 2018. "A Theoretical Analysis Of Product Versioning In The Context Of Commercial Piracy," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 63(219), pages 115-136, October –.
- Kogan, Konstantin & Ozinci, Yaacov & Perlman, Yael, 2013. "Containing piracy with product pricing, updating and protection investments," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 468-478.
More about this item
Keywordspiracy; copying; intellectual property; information good;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2006018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.