Spatial competition with differentiated products
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Fraser, Clive D., 1984. "Optimal compensation for potential fatality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-332, April.
- Kay, J. A., 1983. "A general equilibrium approach to the measurement of monopoly welfare loss," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 317-331, December.
- Carmichael, H Lorne, 1986. "Reputations for Safety: Market Performance and Policy Remedies," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(4), pages 458-472, October.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-319, June.
- Ulph, Alistair, 1982. "The role of ex ante and ex post decisions in the valuation of life," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 265-276, July.
- Richard Harris, 1978. "Ex-Post Efficiency and Resource Allocation Under Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(3), pages 427-436.
- Michael Spence, 1977. "Consumer Misperceptions, Product Failure and Producer Liability," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 561-572.
- Gaynor, Martin & Kleindorfer, Paul, 1991. "Equilibrium misperceptions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 27-30, January.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Moore, Michael J., 1989. "Rates of time preference and valuations of the duration of life," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 297-317, April.
- Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1981. "Workmen's Compensation and Occupational Safety under Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 80-93, March.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Lucas, Robert E B & Wheeler, David, 1992. "The Toxic Intensity of Industrial Production: Global Patterns, Trends, and Trade Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 478-481, May.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1981. "Ex-ante and Ex-post Welfare Optimality under Uncertainty," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(191), pages 235-250, August.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1983. "Ex Post Welfare Economics and the Theory of Merit Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 19-33, February.
- Viscusi, W. Kip, 1980. "Imperfect job risk information and optimal workmen's compensation benefits," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-337, December.
- Smith, V Kerry & Johnson, F Reed, 1988. "How Do Risk Perceptions Respond to Information? The Case of Radon," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 1-8, February.
- Marshall, John M, 1976. "Moral Hazard," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 880-890, December.
- Dobbs, Ian M, 1991. "A Bayesian Approach to Decision-Making under Ambiguity," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 417-440, November.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Lind, Robert C, 1970. "Uncertainty and the Evaluation of Public Investment Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 364-378, June.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309-309.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Michael J. Moore, 1991. "Worker Learning and Compensating Differentials," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(1), pages 80-96, October.
- Ross M. Starr, 1973. "Optimal Production and Allocation under Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(1), pages 81-95.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Krugman, Paul, 1995. "When is the economy monocentric?: von Thunen and Chamberlin unified," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 505-528, August.
- Inderst, Roman & Irmen, Andreas, 2005. "Shopping hours and price competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1105-1124, July.
- Ricardo Biscaia & Isabel Mota, 2013.
"Models of spatial competition: A critical review,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(4), pages 851-871, November.
- Ricardo Biscaia & Isabel Mota, 2011. "Models of Spatial Competition: a Critical Review," FEP Working Papers 411, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ricardo Biscaia & Isabel Mota, 2011. "Models of Spatial Competition: A critical review," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1518, European Regional Science Association.
- Blanchard, Pierre & Gaigné, Carl & Mathieu, Claude, 2012.
"Trade costs and international strategy of firms: The role of endogenous product differentiation,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1023-1036.
- Pierre Blanchard & Carl Gaigné & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "Trade Costs and International Strategy of Firms: the Role of Endogenous Product Differentiation," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2012-2, CREATE.
- Pierre Blanchard & Carl Gaigné & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "Trade costs and international strategy of firms: the role of endogenous product differentiation," Post-Print hal-01136961, HAL.
- Madden, Paul, 2006. "Geographical separation of oligopolists can be very competitive," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1709-1728, October.
- Balvers, Ronald & Szerb, Lazlo, 1996. "Location in the Hotelling duopoly model with demand uncertainty," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1453-1461, August.
- P Madden, 2004. "Geographical Separation of Oligopolists Can Be Very Competitive," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0405, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Darlene Chisholm & George Norman, 2012.
"Spatial competition and market share: an application to motion pictures,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 36(3), pages 207-225, August.
- Darlene C. Chisolm & George Norman, 2011. "Spatial Competition and market Share: An Application to Motion Pictures," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0763, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Papandrea, Franco, 1997. "Modelling television programming choices," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 203-218, September.
- Thill, Jean-Claude, 1997. "Multi-outlet firms, competition and market segmentation strategies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-86, February.
- Jeffrey T. Prince & Daniel H. Simon, 2015.
"Do Incumbents Improve Service Quality in Response to Entry? Evidence from Airlines' On-Time Performance,"
INFORMS, vol. 61(2), pages 372-390, February.
- Jeffrey T. Prince & Daniel H. Simon, 2010. "Do Incumbents Improve Service Quality in Response to Entry? Evidence from Airlines’ On-Time Performance," Working Papers 2010-15, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- John G. Greenhut & Dean H. Smith, 1993. "An Operational Model For Spatial Price Theory," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 23(2), pages 115-128, Fall.
- F. Javier Casado-Izaga, 2000. "Location decisions: The role of uncertainty about consumer tastes," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 71(1), pages 31-46, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:1985017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.