The Effects of Immigration on Residents' Incomes in Australia: Some Issues Reconsidered
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Matthew W. Peter & George Verikios, 1996. "The Effect of Immigration on Residents' Incomes in Australia: Some Issues Reconsidered," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 29(2), pages 171-188.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pope, David & Withers, Glenn, 1993. "Do Migrants Rob Jobs? Lessons of Australian History, 1861–1991," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(04), pages 719-742, December.
- Clarke, Harry R & Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1993.
"Immigration and Economic Welfare: Resource and Environmental Aspects,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(206), pages 259-273, September.
- Harry R Clarke & Yew-Kwang Ng, 1992. "Immigration and Economic Welfare: Resource and Enviromnental Aspects," Working Papers 1992.21, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Harry R Clarke & Yew-Kwang Ng, 1992. "Immigration and Economic Welfare: Resource and Enviromnental Aspects," Working Papers 1992.21 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Berry, R Albert & Soligo, Ronald, 1969. "Some Welfare Aspects of International Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(5), pages 778-794, Sept./Oct.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaai Parasnis & Dietrich Fausten & Russell Smyth, 2006. "The Impact of Immigration on Native Workers in Australia," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-40, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Jaai Parasnis, 2010. "Estimating The Relationship Between Immigrant And Native Workers In Australia: A Production Theory Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 73-85, March.
- Daina McDonald, 2006. "150 Issues of The Australian Economic Review: The Changing Face of a Journal over Time," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2006n01, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
More about this item
Keywordsimmigration; residents' income; capital mobility; government equity; Berry-Soligo effect;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cop:wpaper:g-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Horridge). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpmonau.html .