Standard Error Correction in Two-Stage Optimization Models: A Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza, 2018. "Standard-error correction in two-stage optimization models: A quasi–maximum likelihood estimation approach," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 18(1), pages 206-222, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- James W. Hardin, 2002. "The robust variance estimator for two-stage models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(3), pages 253-266, August.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Topel, Robert H, 2002.
"Estimation and Inference in Two-Step Econometric Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 88-97, January.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Topel, Robert H, 1985. "Estimation and Inference in Two-Step Econometric Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 370-379, October.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1987. "Efficient estimation of limited dependent variable models with endogenous explanatory variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 231-250, November.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- John Mullahy, 1997. "Instrumental-Variable Estimation Of Count Data Models: Applications To Models Of Cigarette Smoking Behavior," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 586-593, November.
- Arne Risa Hole, 2006. "Calculating Murphy-Topel variance estimates in Stata: A simplified procedure," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(4), pages 521-529, December.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2015. "Control Function Methods in Applied Econometrics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 420-445.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2014. "Quasi-maximum likelihood estimation and testing for nonlinear models with endogenous explanatory variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 226-234.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza, 2020. "The Effect of Immigration on Labor Market Transitions of Native-Born Unemployed in the United States," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 295-331, September.
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza, 0. "The Effect of Immigration on Labor Market Transitions of Native-Born Unemployed in the United States," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-37.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Caroline Krafft, 2020.
"Why is fertility on the rise in Egypt? The role of women’s employment opportunities,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 1173-1218, October.
- Caroline Krafft, 2016. "Why is Fertility on the Rise in Egypt? The Role of Women’s Employment Opportunities," Working Papers 1050, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2016.
- Silva, Simone & Badasyan, Narine & Busby, Michael, 2018. "Diversity and digital divide: Using the National Broadband Map to identify the non-adopters of broadband," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 361-373.
- Anastasia Semykina, 2018.
"Self‐employment among women: Do children matter more than we previously thought?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(3), pages 416-434, April.
- Anastasia Semykina, 2016. "Self-Employment among Women: Do Children Matter More Than We Previously Thought?," Working Papers wp2016_07_02, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Pablo Mitnik, 2018. "Intergenerational Income Elasticities, Instrumental Variable Estimation, and Bracketing Strategies," Working Papers 2018-044, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Hirokatsu Asano, 2010. "Estimating irreversible investment with financial constraints: an application of switching regression models," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 211-222.
- Vaiknoras, Kate A. & Larochelle, Catherine, 2018.
"The Impact of Biofortified Iron Bean Adoption on Productivity, and Bean Consumption, Purchases and Sales,"
2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C.
274231, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Vaiknoras, K. & Larochelle, C., 2018. "The Impact of Biofortified Iron Bean Adoption on Productivity, and Bean Consumption, Purchases and Sales," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277139, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Juan Muro & Cristina Suarez & Marıa del Mar Zamora, 2010. "Computing Murphy–Topel-corrected variances in a heckprobit model with endogeneity," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(2), pages 252-258, June.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Furdas, Marina & Sajons, Christoph, 2016.
"End-of-year spending and the long-run employment effects of training programs for the unemployed,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
16-084, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Furdas, Marina & Sajons, Christoph, 2017. "End-of-Year Spending and the Long-Run Employment: Effects of Training Programs for the Unemployed," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168310, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Furdas, Marina & Sajons, Christoph, 2016. "End-of-Year Spending and the Long-Run Employment Effects of Training Programs for the Unemployed," IZA Discussion Papers 10441, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Furdas, Marina & Sajons, Christoph, 2016. "End-of-year spending and the long-run employment effects of training programs for the unemployed," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 16/08, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Geraci Andrea & Fabbri Daniele & Monfardini Chiara, 2018.
"Testing Exogeneity of Multinomial Regressors in Count Data Models: Does Two-stage Residual Inclusion Work?,"
Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Geraci, A. & Fabbri, D. & Monfardini, C., 2014. "Testing exogeneity of multinomial regressors in count data models: does two stage residual inclusion work?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 14/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- A. Geraci & D. Fabbri & C. Monfardini, 2014. "Testing exogeneity of multinomial regressors in count data models: does two stage residual inclusion work?," Working Papers wp921, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Giuseppe Moscelli & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2018.
"Effects of Market Structure and Patient Choice on Hospital Quality for Planned Patients,"
School of Economics Discussion Papers
1118, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Giuseppe Moscelli & Hugh Gravelle & Luigi Siciliani, 2019. "Effects of market structure and patient choice on hospital quality for planned patients," Working Papers 162cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Ana Silvia de Matos Vas, 2012. "Interpersonal Influence Regarding the Decision to Vote Within Mozambican Households," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2012-14, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Gary Madden & Erik Bohlin & Thien Tran & Aaron Morey, 2014.
"Spectrum Licensing, Policy Instruments and Market Entry,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 44(3), pages 277-298, May.
- Madden, Gary & Bohlin, Erik & Tran, Thien & Morey, Aaron, 2013. "Spectrum licensing, policy instruments and market entry," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88476, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Trebesch, Christoph & Zabel, Michael, 2017.
"The output costs of hard and soft sovereign default,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 416-432.
- Christoph Trebesch & Michael Zabel, 2016. "The Output Costs of Hard and Soft Sovereign Default," CESifo Working Paper Series 6143, CESifo.
- Trebesch, Christoph & Zabel, Michael, 2017. "The output costs of hard and soft sovereign default," Munich Reprints in Economics 55046, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Trebesch, Christoph & Zabel, Michael, 2016. "The Output Costs of Hard and Soft Sovereign Default," CEPR Discussion Papers 11582, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline & Selwaness, Irene, 2017.
"The Impact of Early Marriage on Women’s Employment in the Middle East and North Africa,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
66, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Ragui Assaad & Caroline Krafft & Irene Selwaness, 2017. "The Impact of Early Marriage on Women’s Employment in the Middle East and North Africa," Working Papers 1086, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 2017.
- Mustafa U. Karakaplan & Levent Kutlu, 2017. "Handling Endogeneity in Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(2), pages 889-901.
- Canan GÜNEŞ & Mustafa ÜNLÜ & Yasin BÜYÜKKÖR & Şenay ÜÇDOĞRUK BİRECİKLİ, 2016. "Türkiye’de Sağlık Hizmetleri Talebinin Sayma Veri Modelleriyle İncelenmesi: İçsellik Sorunu," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 24(30).
- German Blanco, 2017. "Who benefits from job placement services? A two-sided analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 33-47, February.
- Andrei Sirchenko, 2019. "A regime-switching model for the federal funds rate target," UvA-Econometrics Working Papers 19-01, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Dept. of Econometrics.
- John Jerrim & Álvaro Choi & Rosa Simancas Rodríguez, 2014. "Two-sample two-stage least squares (TSTSLS) estimates of earnings mobility: how consistent are they?," Working Papers 2014/35, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Jhon James Mora & María Paola Ulloa, 2011. "Calidad del empleo en las principales ciudades colombianas y endogeneidad de la educación," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 13(25), pages 163-177, July-Dece.
More about this item
KeywordsMaximumLikelihood Estimation; non-linearmodels; endogeneity; two-step models; standard errors;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000122:015659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Centro de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas y Financieras (CIEF) (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.