Does deflation method matter for productivity measures?
In this paper, we argue against the use the double deflation method to produce an equilibrating system of account at a constant price. In fact, by relaxing such a condition, by means of the single deflation method, we obtain a measure of purchasing power transfer that can be decomposed in productivity and market distortion. Results are presented for the evolution of the Italian economy for the periods 1995-2002
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via S. Giorgio 12, I-09124 Cagliari|
Web page: http://www.crenos.unica.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Devicienti, Francesco & Maida, Agata & Pacelli, Lia, 2008.
"The resurrection of the Italian wage curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 335-341, March.
- Devicenti francesco & Maida Agata & Pacelli Lia, 2005. "The Resurrection of the Italian Wage Curve," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200502, University of Turin.
- Francesco Devicienti & Agata Maida & Lia Pacelli, 2006. "The Resurrection of the Italian Wage Curve," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 52, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Gabrielle Antille & Emilio Fontela, 2003. "The Terms of Trade and the International Transfers of Productivity Gains," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 3-19, March.
- Babeau, Andre, 1978. "The Application of the Constant Price Method for Evaluating the Transfer Related to Inflation: The Case of French Households," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 24(4), pages 391-414, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cns:cnscwp:200901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonello Pau)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.