A Note on Budget Balance under Interim Participation Constraints: The Case of Independent Types
We provide a simple proof of the equivalence between ex ante and ex post budget balance constraints in Bayesian mechanism design with independent types when participation decisions are made at the interim stage. The result is given an interpretation in terms of efficient allocation of risk.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Cremer, Jacques & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 2004.
"Balanced Bayesian mechanisms,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 385-396, April.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & CRÉMER, Jacques & GÉRARD-VARET, Louis-André, 2002. "Balanced Bayesian mechanisms," CORE Discussion Papers 2002048, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Crémer, Jacques & Gérard-Varet, Louis-André, 2003. "Balanced Bayesian Mechanisms," IDEI Working Papers 196, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- D'ASPREMONT, Claude & CREMER, Jacques & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, . "Balanced Bayesian mechanisms," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1690, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fang, Hanming & Norman, Peter, 2005.
"Overcoming Participation Constraints,"
Microeconomics.ca working papers
norman-05-04-22-05-35-30, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 28 Apr 2005.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2005. "Overcoming Participation Constraints," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1511R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Apr 2006.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2005. "Overcoming Participation Constraints," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1511, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mailath, George J & Postlewaite, Andrew, 1990. "Asymmetric Information Bargaining Problems with Many Agents," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 351-67, July.
- Eso, Peter & Futo, Gabor, 1999. "Auction design with a risk averse seller," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 71-74, October.
- Andreas Pape & Subir Bose & Emre Ozdenoren, 2004.
"Optimal auctions with ambiguity,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
609, Econometric Society.
- P. Dasgupta & Eric Maskin, 1998.
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1857, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Cremer, Jacques & McLean, Richard P, 1988. "Full Extraction of the Surplus in Bayesian and Dominant Strategy Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1247-57, November.
- Drew Fudenberg & David K. Levine & Eric Maskin, 1996. "Balanced-Budget Mechanisms with Incomplete Information," Levine's Working Paper Archive 59, David K. Levine.
- Neeman, Z., 1998.
"The Relevance of Private Infromation in Mechanism Design,"
93, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Neeman, Zvika, 2004. "The relevance of private information in mechanism design," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 55-77, July.
- Zvika Neeman, 1998. "The Relevance of Private Information in Mechanism Design," Papers 0093, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Roger B. Myerson & Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1981.
"Efficient Mechanisms for Bilateral Trading,"
469S, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Jinwoo Kim, 2006. "Robustly Collusion-Proof Implementation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(4), pages 1063-1107, 07.
- Vijay Krishna & Motty Perry, 1997. "Efficient Mechanism Design," Game Theory and Information 9703010, EconWPA, revised 28 Apr 1998.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1979.
"Incentives and incomplete information,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 25-45, February.
- Cremer, Jacques & McLean, Richard P, 1985. "Optimal Selling Strategies under Uncertainty for a Discriminating Monopolist When Demands Are Interdependent," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 345-61, March.
- Makowski Louis & Mezzetti Claudio, 1994. "Bayesian and Weakly Robust First Best Mechanisms: Characterizations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 500-519, December.
- Cremer, Jacques, & Riordan, Michael H, 1985. "A Sequential Solution to the Public Goods Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 77-84, January.
- McAfee, R Preston & Reny, Philip J, 1992. "Correlated Information and Mechanism Design," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 395-421, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levrem:784828000000000171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.