Opportunity Costs, Competition, and Firm Selection
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gamal Atallah, 2006. "Opportunity Costs, Competition, and Firm Selection," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 409-430.
- Gamal Atallah, 2002. "Opportunity Costs, Competition, and Firm Selection," Industrial Organization 0207005, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Ruiz-Aliseda, 2003. "Strategic Commitment Versus Flexibility in a Duopoly with Entry and Exit," Discussion Papers 1379, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Yves Richelle & Paolo G. Garella, 1999.
"Exit, sunk costs and the selection of firms,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 13(3), pages 643-670.
- Y. Richelle & P. G. Garella, 1995. "Exit, Sunk Costs and the Selection of Firms," Working Papers 214, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Garella, P-G & Richelle, Y, 1997. "Exit, Sunk Costs and the Selection of Firms," ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica 154, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- Reynolds, Stanley S, 1988. "Plant Closings and Exit Behaviour in Declining Industries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(220), pages 493-503, November.
- Pankaj Ghemawat & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "The Devolution of Declining Industries," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 167-186.
- Gromb, Denis & Ponssard, Jean-Pierre & Sevy, David, 1997. "Selection in Dynamic Entry Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 62-84, October.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCardle, Kevin F & Rumelt, Richard P, 1991. "Heterogeneity under Competition," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 774-782, October.
- Dierickx, I. & Matutes, C. & Neven, D., 1991. "Cost differences and survival in declining industries : A case for 'picking winners'?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1507-1528, December.
- Baden-Fuller, Charles W F, 1989. "Exit from Declining Industries and the Case of Steel Castings," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 949-961, December.
- Adli Abouzeedan & Michael Busler, 2003. "Size effect on survivability of SMEs based on the survival index value (SIV) model," ERSA conference papers ersa03p14, European Regional Science Association.
- Vettas, Nikolaos, 2000. "On entry, exit, and coordination with mixed strategies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1557-1576, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEntry; Exit; Efficiency; Firm selection; Entrée; Sortie; Efficacité; Survie des entreprises;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2002-08-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-MIC-2002-08-18 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2002s-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .