How Robust are Estimated Equilibrium Exchange Rates? A Panel BEER Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bénassy-Quéré, Agnès & Lahrèche-Révil, Amina & Mignon, Valérie, 2011.
"World-consistent equilibrium exchange rates,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 12-32, June.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Amina Lahrèche-Révil & Valérie Mignon, 2006. "World Consistent Equilibrium Exchange Rates," Working Papers 2006-20, CEPII research center.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Amina Lahrèche-Révil & Valérie Mignon, 2011. "World Consistent Equilibrium Exchange Rates," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00634788, HAL.
- Jose De Gregorio & Holger C. Wolf, 1994.
"Terms of Trade, Productivity, and the Real Exchange Rate,"
NBER Working Papers
4807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose De Gregorio & Holger C. Wolf, 1994. "Terms of Trade, Productivity, and the Real Exchange Rate," Working Papers 94-19, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Amina lahrèche-Révil & Valérie Mignon, 2008.
"Is Asia Responsible For Exchange Rate Misalignments Within The G20?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 46-61, February.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Valérie Mignon & Amina Lahrèche, 2008. "Is Asia responsible for exchange-rate misalignments within the G20?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00634797, HAL.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Sophie Béreau & Valérie Mignon, 2008. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates: a Guidebook for the Euro-Dollar Rate," Working Papers 2008-02, CEPII research center.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Pascale Duran-Vigneron & Amina Lahrèche-Revil & Mignon, Valerie, 2004. "Burden Sharing and Exchange-Rate Misalignments within the Group of Twenty," Working Papers 2004-13, CEPII research center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kang-Soek Lee & Philippe Saucier, 2011. "Should the UK Join the Euro Zone? Evidence from a Synthetic OCA Assessment," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 8(1), pages 77-96, June.
- Korhonen, Iikka & Ritola, Maria, 2009. "Renminbi misaligned : Results from meta-regressions," BOFIT Discussion Papers 13/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Virginie Coudert & Cécile Couharde, 2009.
"Currency Misalignments and Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging and Developing Countries,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 121-136, February.
- Virginie Coudert & Cécile Couharde, 2008. "Currency Misalignments and Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging and Developing Countries," Working Papers 2008-07, CEPII research center.
- Parantap Basu & Yoseph Getachew, 2017.
"Redistributive Innovation Policy, Inequality and Efficiency,"
CEGAP Working Papers
2017_02, Durham University Business School.
- Parantap Basu & Yoseph Getachew, 2017. "Redistributive Innovation Policy, Inequality and Efficiency," Working Papers 201768, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Bineau, Yannick, 2010. "Renminbi's misalignment: A meta-analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 259-269, September.
- Christian K. Tipoy & Marthinus C. Breitenbach & Mulatu F. Zerihun, 2017.
"Equilibrium Exchange Rates and Misalignments: The Case of Homogenous Emerging Market Economies,"
201769, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Christian K. Tipoy & Marthinus C. Breitenbach & Mulatu F. Zerihun, 2017. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates and Misalignments: The Case of Homogenous Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers 713, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Béreau, Sophie & Villavicencio, Antonia López & Mignon, Valérie, 2010.
"Nonlinear adjustment of the real exchange rate towards its equilibrium value: A panel smooth transition error correction modelling,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 404-416, January.
- Sophie Béreau & Antonia Lopez Villavicencio & Valérie Mignon, 2008. "Nonlinear Adjustment of the Real Exchange Rate Towards its Equilibrium Value: a Panel Smooth Transition Error Correction Modelling," Working Papers 2008-23, CEPII research center.
- Oliver Hossfeld, 2010.
"Equilibrium Real Effective Exchange Rates and Real Exchange Rate Misalignments: Time Series vs. Panel Estimates,"
FIW Working Paper series
- Oliver Hossfeld, 2010. "Equilibrium Real Effective Exchange Rates and Real Exchange Rate Misalignments: Time Series vs. Panel Estimates," Working Papers 2010.3, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- Piotr Roszkowski & Kamila Sławińska & Andrzej Torój, 2014.
"BEER tastes better in a panel of neighbours. On equilibrium exchange rates in CEE countries,"
Collegium of Economic Analysis Annals,
Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, issue 34, pages 209-226.
- Roszkowski, Piotr & Sławińska, Kamila & Torój, Andrzej, 2014. "BEER tastes better in a panel of neighbours. On equilibrium exchange rates in CEE countries," MF Working Papers 20, Ministry of Finance in Poland.
- Matteo Salto & Alessandro Turrini, 2010. "427 - Comparing alternative methodologies for real exchange rate assessment - Matteo Salto and Aless," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 427, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Marcos Rocha & Fernando Barbi, 2011. "Determinantes doDesalinhamento Cambial: Uma análise comcointegração em painel," Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 112, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Christian K. Tipoy & Marthinus C. Breitenbach & Mulatu F. Zerihun, 2016. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates and Misalignments: The Case of Homogenous Emerging Countries," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 66(4), pages 3-25, October-D.
More about this item
KeywordsEquilibrium exchange rate; BEER; Productivity; Panel cointegration;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-06-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2008-06-07 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cii:cepidt:2008-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepiifr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.