On Equal Cost Sharing in the Provision of an Excludable Public Good
We study the effciency and fairness properties of the equal cost sharing mechanism in the provision of a binary and excludable public good. According to the maximal welfare loss criterion, equal cost sharing is optimal within the class of strategyproof, individually rational and no-budgetde cit mechanisms only when there are 2 agents. In general the equal cost
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Camino a Sta. Teresa 930, Mexico, D.F. 10700|
Phone: +525 628 4197
Fax: +525 628 4058
Web page: http://cie.itam.mx/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ohseto, Shinji, 2000. "Characterizations of Strategy-Proof Mechanisms for Excludable versus Nonexcludable Public Projects," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 51-66, July.
- Deb, Rajat & Razzolini, Laura, 1999. "Voluntary cost sharing for an excludable public project," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 123-138, March.
- Deb, Rajat & Razzolini, Laura, 1999. "Auction-Like Mechanisms for Pricing Excludable Public Goods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 340-368, October.
- Yan Yu, 2007. "Serial cost sharing of an excludable public good available in multiple units," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 29(3), pages 539-555, October.
- Ruben Juarez, 2008. "The worst absolute surplus loss in the problem of commons: random priority versus average cost," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 34(1), pages 69-84, January.
- Sprumont, Yves, 2013.
"Constrained-optimal strategy-proof assignment: Beyond the Groves mechanisms,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 1102-1121.
- SPRUMONT, Yves, 2011. "Constrained-optimal strategy-proof assignment: beyond the Groves mechanisms," Cahiers de recherche 2011-09, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Yves Sprumont, 2011. "Constrained-Optimal Strategy-Proof Assignment: Beyond the Groves Mechanisms," Cahiers de recherche 14-2011, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Mutuswami, Suresh, 2005. "Strategyproofness, Non-Bossiness and Group Strategyproofness in a cost sharing model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 83-88, October.
- Hervé Moulin, 2008. "The price of anarchy of serial, average and incremental cost sharing," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 36(3), pages 379-405, September.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- Shinji Ohseto, 2005. "Augmented serial rules for an excludable public good," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(3), pages 589-606, October.
- Olszewski, Wojciech, 2004. "Coalition strategy-proof mechanisms for provision of excludable public goods," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 88-114, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cie:wpaper:1306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diego Dominguez)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.