Why Do Governments Privatize?
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chen, Hongyi & Rozelle, Scott, 1999. "Leaders, managers, and the organization of township and village enterprises in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 529-557, December.
- Hongbin Li & Scott Rozelle, 2003. "Privatizing Rural China: Insider Privatization, Innovative Contracts, and the Performance of Township Enterprises1," Discussion Papers 00001, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Cao Yuanzheng, & Qian, Yingyi & Weingast, Barry, 1998.
"From Federalism, Chinese Style, to Privatization, Chinese Style,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1838, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yuanzheng Cao & Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1999. "From federalism, Chinese style to privatization, Chinese style," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 103-131, March.
- Yuanzheng Cao & Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997. "From Federalism, Chinese Style, to Privatization, Chinese Style," Working Papers 97049, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Hongbin Li & Li-An Zhou, 2003. "Political Turnover and Economic Performance: The Disciplinary Role of Personnel Control in China," Discussion Papers 00002, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Chang Chun & Wang Yijiang, 1994. "The Nature of the Township-Village Enterprise," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 434-452, December.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1994. "Politicians and Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 995-1025, November.
- Che, Jiahua & Qian, Yingyi, 1998.
"Institutional Environment, Community Government, and Corporate Governance: Understanding China's Township-Village Enterprises,"
Journal of Law, Economics and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Jiahua Che & Yingyi Qian, . "Institutional Environment, Community Government, and Corporate Governance: Understanding China's Township-Village Enterprises," Working Papers 97043, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Shaomin & Li, Shuhe & Zhang, Weiying, 2000. "The Road to Capitalism: Competition and Institutional Change in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 269-292, June.
- Nandini Gupta & John Ham & Jan Svejnar, 2000. "Priorities and Sequencing in Privatization: Theory and Evidence from the Czech Republic," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1580, Econometric Society.
- Clarke, George R.G. & Cull, Robert, 2005.
"Bank privatization in Argentina: A model of political constraints and differential outcomes,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 133-155, October.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert, 2001. "Bank privatization in Argentina : a model of political constraints and differential outcomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2633, The World Bank.
- M Weitzman & Cheng-Gang Xu, 1993.
"Chinese township village enterprises as vaguely defined cooperations,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
3754, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Weitzman Martin L. & Xu Chenggang, 1994. "Chinese Township-Village Enterprises as Vaguely Defined Cooperatives," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-145, April.
- M Weitzman & Chenggang Xu, 1993. "Chinese Township Village Enterprises as Vaguely Defined Cooperations," CEP Discussion Papers dp0155, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Thomas G. Rawski, 1994. "Enterprise Reform in Chinese Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 47-70, Spring.
- Brandt, Loren & Li, Hongbin, 2003. "Bank discrimination in transition economies: ideology, information, or incentives?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 387-413, September.
- Li, Hongbin, 2003. "Government's budget constraint, competition, and privatization: evidence from China's rural industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 486-502, September.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- repec:wdi:papers:1997-71 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chk:cuhkdc:00007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.