Multi-payer health insurance systems in Central and Eastern Europe: lessons from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Russia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2006. "Macroeconomic Conditions, Health and Mortality," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Danichevski, Kirill & McKee, Martin & Balabanova, Dina, 2008. "Prescribing in maternity care in Russia: The legacy of Soviet medicine," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 242-251, February.
- Margaret M. Byrne & Kenneth Pietz & LeChauncy Woodard & Laura A. Petersen, 2007. "Health care funding levels and patient outcomes: a national study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 385-393.
- Boonen, Lieke H. H. M. & Schut, Frederik T., 2011. "Preferred providers and the credible commitment problem in health insurance: first experiences with the implementation of managed competition in the Dutch health care system," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 219-235, March.
- Twigg, Judyth L., 1999. "Obligatory medical insurance in Russia: the participants' perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 371-382, August.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Linton, Oliver, 1986.
"Applied nonparametric methods,"
Handbook of Econometrics,in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 38, pages 2295-2339
- Oliver LINTON, "undated". "Applied nonparametric methods," Statistic und Oekonometrie 9312, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Härdle, W.K., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Discussion Paper 1992-6, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hardle, W., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Papers 9204, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- HÄRDLE, Wolfgang, 1992. "Applied nonparametric methods," CORE Discussion Papers 1992003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wolfgang Hardle & Oliver Linton, 1994. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1069, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hardle, W., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Papers 9206, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson, 2012.
"The Use of Performance Measures in Health Care Systems,"
Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 33
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson, 2006. "The Use of Performance Measures in Health Care Systems," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, chapter 31 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Social health insurance reexamined," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 503-517.
- Diamond, Peter, 1992. "Organizing the Health Insurance Market," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1233-1254, November.
- Sheiman, Igor, 1994. "Forming the system of health insurance in the Russian Federation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1425-1432, November.
- Peter Zweifel & Friedrich Breyer, 2012. "The Economics of Social Health Insurance," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:mth:raee88:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:64-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Isabelle Joumard & Christophe André & Chantal Nicq, 2010. "Health Care Systems: Efficiency and Institutions," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 769, OECD Publishing.
- Pablo Gottret & George Schieber, 2006. "Health Financing Revisited : A Practitioner's Guide," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7094.
- Sheiman, Igor, 1991. "Health care reform in the Russian Federation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 45-54, September.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeff, 2003. "Nonparametric estimation of distributions with categorical and continuous data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 266-292, August.
- Curtis, Sarah & Petukhova, Natasha & Taket, Ann, 1995. "Health care reforms in Russia: The example of St Petersburg," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 755-765, March.
- Ivaschenko, Oleksiy, 2005. "The patterns and determinants of longevity in Russia's regions: Evidence from panel data," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 788-813, December.
- Hayfield, Tristen & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2008. "Nonparametric Econometrics: The np Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i05).
- Jozef Medveď & Juraj Nemec & Leoš Vítek, 2005. "Social Health Insurance and Its Failures in the Czech Republic and Slovakia: The Role of the State," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(1), pages 64-81.
- Isakova, Ljudmila. E. & Zelckovich, Roman. M. & Frid, Edward. M., 1995. "Health insurance in Russia -- the Kuzbass experience," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 157-169, March.
- Nelli Naigovzina & Vadim Filatov, 2010. "Some Approaches to Improving the Health of the Population and the Longer-Term Development of Russian Health Care," Problems of Economic Transition, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(12), pages 50-70.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2009. "Increased Public Financing and Health Care Outcomes in Russia," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 16(3), pages 723-734, October.
- Hussey, P. & Anderson, G. F., 2003. "A comparison of single- and multi-payer health insurance systems and options for reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 215-228, December.
- Hsiao, Cheng & Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2007.
"A consistent model specification test with mixed discrete and continuous data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 802-826, October.
- Cheng Hsiao & Qi Li & Jeff Racine, 2006. "A Consistent Model Specification Test with Mixed Discrete and Continuous Data," IEPR Working Papers 06.47, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Gordeev, Vladimir S. & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim, 2011. "Two decades of reforms. Appraisal of the financial reforms in the Russian public healthcare sector," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 270-277.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial health insurance; infant mortality; maternal mortality; managed competition; transition economies;
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2014-02-08 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-COM-2014-02-08 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HEA-2014-02-08 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2014-02-08 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2014-02-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfr:cefirw:w0203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Babich). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cefirru.html .