Multi-payer health insurance systems in Central and Eastern Europe: lessons from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Russia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2006. "Macroeconomic Conditions, Health and Mortality," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Danichevski, Kirill & McKee, Martin & Balabanova, Dina, 2008. "Prescribing in maternity care in Russia: The legacy of Soviet medicine," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 242-251, February.
- Margaret M. Byrne & Kenneth Pietz & LeChauncy Woodard & Laura A. Petersen, 2007. "Health care funding levels and patient outcomes: a national study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 385-393, April.
- Boonen, Lieke H. H. M. & Schut, Frederik T., 2011. "Preferred providers and the credible commitment problem in health insurance: first experiences with the implementation of managed competition in the Dutch health care system," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 219-235, April.
- Twigg, Judyth L., 1999. "Obligatory medical insurance in Russia: the participants' perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 371-382, August.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Linton, Oliver, 1986.
"Applied nonparametric methods,"
Handbook of Econometrics, in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.),Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 38, pages 2295-2339,
- Oliver LINTON, "undated". "Applied nonparametric methods," Statistic und Oekonometrie 9312, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Härdle, W.K., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Discussion Paper 1992-6, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hardle, W., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Papers 9204, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- HÄRDLE, Wolfgang, 1992. "Applied nonparametric methods," CORE Discussion Papers 1992003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wolfgang Hardle & Oliver Linton, 1994. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1069, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hardle, W., 1992. "Applied Nonparametric Methods," Papers 9206, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson, 2012.
"The Use of Performance Measures in Health Care Systems,"
Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 33,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson, 2006. "The Use of Performance Measures in Health Care Systems," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, chapter 31, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Social health insurance reexamined," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 503-517, May.
- Diamond, Peter, 1992. "Organizing the Health Insurance Market," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1233-1254, November.
- Sheiman, Igor, 1994. "Forming the system of health insurance in the Russian Federation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1425-1432, November.
- Peter Zweifel & Friedrich Breyer, 2012. "The Economics of Social Health Insurance," Chapters, in: Andrew M. Jones (ed.),The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 12, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Elena Kostenko & Vitaly Kostenko & Volodymyr Kuznichenko & Volodymyr Lapshyn, 2017. "International trade in Ukraine¡¯s regions during 2016 is analyzed. The taxonomy method is used to carry out a multidimensional analysis of the state of trade in all regions, with the goal of determini," Research in Applied Economics, Macrothink Institute, vol. 9(4), pages 64-74, December.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Isabelle Joumard & Christophe André & Chantal Nicq, 2010. "Health Care Systems: Efficiency and Institutions," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 769, OECD Publishing.
- Pablo Gottret & George Schieber, 2006. "Health Financing Revisited : A Practitioner's Guide," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7094, June.
- Sheiman, Igor, 1991. "Health care reform in the Russian Federation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 45-54, September.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeff, 2003. "Nonparametric estimation of distributions with categorical and continuous data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 266-292, August.
- Curtis, Sarah & Petukhova, Natasha & Taket, Ann, 1995. "Health care reforms in Russia: The example of St Petersburg," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 755-765, March.
- Ivaschenko, Oleksiy, 2005. "The patterns and determinants of longevity in Russia's regions: Evidence from panel data," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 788-813, December.
- Hayfield, Tristen & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2008. "Nonparametric Econometrics: The np Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 27(i05).
- Jozef Medveď & Juraj Nemec & Leoš Vítek, 2005. "Social Health Insurance and Its Failures in the Czech Republic and Slovakia: The Role of the State," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2005(1), pages 64-81.
- Isakova, Ljudmila. E. & Zelckovich, Roman. M. & Frid, Edward. M., 1995. "Health insurance in Russia -- the Kuzbass experience," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 157-169, March.
- Nelli Naigovzina & Vadim Filatov, 2010. "Some Approaches to Improving the Health of the Population and the Longer-Term Development of Russian Health Care," Problems of Economic Transition, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(12), pages 50-70.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2009. "Increased Public Financing and Health Care Outcomes in Russia," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 16(3), pages 723-734, October.
- Hussey, P. & Anderson, G. F., 2003. "A comparison of single- and multi-payer health insurance systems and options for reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 215-228, December.
- Hsiao, Cheng & Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S., 2007.
"A consistent model specification test with mixed discrete and continuous data,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 802-826, October.
- Cheng Hsiao & Qi Li & Jeff Racine, 2006. "A Consistent Model Specification Test with Mixed Discrete and Continuous Data," IEPR Working Papers 06.47, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Gordeev, Vladimir S. & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim, 2011. "Two decades of reforms. Appraisal of the financial reforms in the Russian public healthcare sector," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 270-277.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial health insurance; infant mortality; maternal mortality; managed competition; transition economies;
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2014-02-08 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-COM-2014-02-08 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HEA-2014-02-08 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2014-02-08 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2014-02-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfr:cefirw:w0203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Babich). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cefirru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.