Asymmetric Trade Estimator in Modified Gravity: Corporate Tax Rates and Trade in OECD Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2003.
"Can Vertical Specialization Explain the Growth of World Trade?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 52-102, February.
- Kei-Mu Yi, 2000. "Can vertical specialization explain the growth of world trade?," Staff Reports 96, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael Overesch & Johannes Rincke, 2011.
"What Drives Corporate Tax Rates Down? A Reassessment of Globalization, Tax Competition, and Dynamic Adjustment to Shocks,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(3), pages 579-602, September.
- Michael Overesch & Johannes Rincke, 2009. "What Drives Corporate Tax Rates Down? A Reassessment of Globalization, Tax Competition, and Dynamic Adjustment to Shocks," CESifo Working Paper Series 2535, CESifo Group Munich.
- Swenson, Deborah L., 1994. "The impact of U.S. tax reform on foreign direct investment in the United States," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 243-266, June.
- Mihir A Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala, 2011. "Dividend Taxes and International Portfolio Choice," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 266-284, February.
- Lionel Fontagné & Michaël Pajot, 1997. "How Foreign Direct Investment Affects International Trade and Competitiveness: an Empirical Assessment," Working Papers 1997-17, CEPII research center.
- Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines, 2009. "Domestic Effects of the Foreign Activities of US Multinationals," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 181-203, February.
- Kevin S. Markle & Douglas A. Shackelford, 2011. "Cross-Country Comparisons of Corporate Income Taxes," NBER Working Papers 16839, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Ferrett & Ian Wooton, 2010.
"Competing for a duopoly: international trade and tax competition,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(3), pages 776-794, August.
- Ferrett, Ben & Wooton, Ian, 2005. "Competing for a Duopoly: International Trade and Tax Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 5379, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roger Gordon & Laura Kalambokidis & Joel Slemrod, 2003. "A New Summary Measure of the Effective Tax Rate on Investment," NBER Working Papers 9535, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2002. "Corporate income tax reforms and international tax competition," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 449-495, October.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Foley, C. Fritz & Hines, James Jr., 2004.
"Foreign direct investment in a world of multiple taxes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2727-2744, December.
- Mihir A. Desai & James R. Hines Jr., 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in a World of Multiple Taxes," NBER Working Papers 8440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Keen & Murtaza H Syed, 2006. "Domestic Taxes and International Trade; Some Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/47, International Monetary Fund.
- Görg, Holger & Molana, Hassan & Montagna, Catia, 2009.
"Foreign direct investment, tax competition and social expenditure,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 31-37, January.
- Holger Görg, & Hassan Molana, & Catia Montagna, "undated". "Foreign Direct Investment, Tax Competition and Social Expenditure," Discussion Papers 07/03, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Holger Görg & Hassan Molana & Catia Montagna, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment, Tax Competition and Social Expenditure," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 198, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Melvin, James R, 1979. "Short-Run Price Effects of the Corporate Income Tax and Implications for International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 765-774, December.
More about this item
KeywordsGravity; Asymmetric Barriers; Corporate Income Tax;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2013-11-09 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2013-11-09 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfr:cefirw:w0200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Babich). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cefirru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.