Japanese Yield Curves In and Out of a Zero Rate Environmnet: A Macro-Finance Perspective
This paper applies a tractable two-regime macro-finance affine term structure model to empirically investigate macroeconomic effects on Japanese government bond (JGB) yields in and out of a zero interest rate environment. The estimated results qualitatively assess how differently deflation and low growth contribute to lowering longer-term JGB yields between the normal and zero rate regimes.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:||Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.carf.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/english/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Junko Koeda, 2011.
"How Does Yield Curve Predict GDP Growth? A Macro-Finance Approach Revisited,"
CIRJE-F-784, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Junko Koeda, 2012. "How does yield curve predict GDP growth? A macro-finance approach revisited," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(10), pages 929-933, July.
- Ippei Fujiwara, 2004.
"Evaluating Monetary Policy When Nominal Interest Rates Are Almost Zero,"
Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings
620, Econometric Society.
- Fujiwara, Ippei, 2006. "Evaluating monetary policy when nominal interest rates are almost zero," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 434-453, September.
- Ang, Andrew & Bekaert, Geert, 2004.
"The Term Structure of Real Rates and Expected Inflation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4518, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert & Min Wei, 2008. "The Term Structure of Real Rates and Expected Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 797-849, 04.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert, 2004. "The term structure of real rates and expected inflation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert & Min Wei, 2007. "The Term Structure of Real Rates and Expected Inflation," NBER Working Papers 12930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jung, Taehun & Teranishi, Yuki & Watanabe, Tsutomu, 2005. "Optimal Monetary Policy at the Zero-Interest-Rate Bound," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(5), pages 813-35, October.
- Andrew Ang & Monika Piazzesi, 2001.
"A No-Arbitrage Vector Autoregression of Term Structure Dynamics with Macroeconomic and Latent Variables,"
NBER Working Papers
8363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ang, Andrew & Piazzesi, Monika, 2003. "A no-arbitrage vector autoregression of term structure dynamics with macroeconomic and latent variables," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 745-787, May.
- Junko Koeda, 2010. "How Does Yield Curve Predict GDP Growth? A Macro-Finance Approach Revisited," CARF F-Series CARF-F-237, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo, revised Jan 2011.
- Nakazono, Yoshiyuki & Ueda, Kozo, 2013.
"Policy commitment and market expectations: Lessons learned from survey based evidence under Japan's quantitative easing policy,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 25, pages 102-113.
- Yoshiyuki Nakazono & Kozo Ueda, 2011. "Policy Commitment and Market Expectations: Lessons Learned from Survey Based Evidence under Japan's Quantitative Easing Policy," IMES Discussion Paper Series 11-E-12, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Inoue, Tomoo & Okimoto, Tatsuyoshi, 2008. "Were there structural breaks in the effects of Japanese monetary policy? Re-evaluating policy effects of the lost decade," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 320-342, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfi:fseres:cf254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.