A Dynamic Model of Political Party Equilibrium: The Evolution of ENP in Canada, 1870-2015
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- J. Stephen Ferris & Stanley L. Winer & Derek Olmstead, 2018. "A Dynamic Model of Political Party Equilibrium: The Evolution of ENP in Canada, 1870–2015," Carleton Economic Papers 18-04, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 31 Jul 2019.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Chhibber, Pradeep & Kollman, Ken, 1998. "Party Aggregation and the Number of Parties in India and the United States," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 92(2), pages 329-342, June.
- Jean Forand & Vikram Maheshri, 2015.
"A dynamic Duverger’s law,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 165(3), pages 285-306, December.
- Jean Guillaume Forand & Vikram Maheshri, 2013. "A Dynamic Duverger's Law," Working Papers 1304, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2015.
- Jean Guillaume Forand & Vikram Maheshri, 2013. "A Dynamic Duverger's Law," Working Papers 2013-295-05, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Chad Kendall & Marie Rekkas, 2012. "Incumbency advantages in the Canadian Parliament," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 45(4), pages 1560-1585, November.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- J. Stephen Ferris & Stanley L. Winer, 2017. "Does Political Competition affect Fiscal Structure? What time series analysis says for Canada, 1870 - 2015," Carleton Economic Papers 17-12, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Drazen, Allan & Eslava, Marcela, 2010. "Electoral manipulation via voter-friendly spending: Theory and evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 39-52, May.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- J. Stephen Ferris & Marcel-Cristian Voia, 2015. "Political Parties in Canada: What Determines Their Entry, Exit and the Duration of Their Lives?," Carleton Economic Papers 15-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 04 Apr 2016.
- J Stephen Ferris & Stanley L. Winer & Bernard Grofman, 2016. "The Duverger-Demsetz Perspective on Electoral Competitiveness and Fragmentation: With Application to the Canadian Parliamentary System, 1867-2011," CESifo Working Paper Series 5752, CESifo.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Thöni, Christian, 2008.
"Excess entry in an experimental winner-take-all market,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 150-163, July.
- Urs Fischbacher & Christian Thï¿½ni, "undated". "Excess Entry in an Experimental Winner-Take-All Market," IEW - Working Papers 086, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Donald Vandegrift & Abdullah Yavas & Paul Brown, 2007. "Incentive effects and overcrowding in tournaments: An experimental analysis," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(4), pages 345-368, December.
- Suzanna De Boef & Luke Keele, 2008. "Taking Time Seriously," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 52(1), pages 184-200, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bharatee Bhusana, Ferris, J Stephen Dash & Stanley L. Winer, 2018.
"Measuring Electoral Competitiveness: With Application to the Indian States,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Bharatee Bhusana Dash & J. Stephen Ferris & Stanley L. Winer, 2018. "Measuring Electoral Competitiveness: With Application to the Indian States," Carleton Economic Papers 18-10, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- J Stephen Ferris & Stanley L. Winer, 2018. "Political Competitiveness and Fiscal Structure: A Time Series Analysis. Canada, 1870 - 2015," CESifo Working Paper Series 7220, CESifo.
- J. Stephen Ferris & Bharatee Bhusana Dash, 2020. "On the Structure of the Political Party System in Indian States, 1957 - 2013," Carleton Economic Papers 20-06, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Siddique, Abu & Selvanathan, E.A. & Selvanathan, Saroja, 2016. "The impact of external debt on growth: Evidence from highly indebted poor countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 874-894.
- Nusair, Salah A., 2019. "Oil price and inflation dynamics in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 997-1011.
- Rustam Jamilov, 2013. "J-Curve Dynamics and the Marshall–Lerner Condition: Evidence from Azerbaijan," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 19(3), pages 313-323, February.
- Simplice A. Asongu & Ghassen El Montasser & Hassen Toumi, 2015.
"Testing the Relationships between Energy Consumption, CO2 emissions and Economic Growth in 24 African Countries: a Panel ARDL Approach,"
Research Africa Network Working Papers
15/037, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Asongu, Simplice & El Montasser, Ghassen & Toumi, Hassen, 2015. "Testing the Relationships between Energy Consumption, CO2 emissions and Economic Growth in 24 African Countries: a Panel ARDL Approach," MPRA Paper 69442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & Ghassen El Montasser & Hassen Toumi, 2015. "Testing the Relationships between Energy Consumption, CO2 emissions and Economic Growth in 24 African Countries: a Panel ARDL Approach," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 15/037, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Akinlo Taiwo & Simon-Oke O. Olayemi, 2015. "Re-examine foreign direct investment and economic growth: Panel co-integration and causality tests for sub-Saharan African countries," International Area Studies Review, Center for International Area Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 73-86, March.
- MOYO, Clement Zibusiso & KHOBAI, Hlalefang, 2018.
"Trade Openness and Economic Growth in SADC Countries,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 71(4), pages 417-436.
- Clement Moyo & Hlalefang Khobai, 2018. "Trade openess and economic growth in SADC countries," Working Papers 1820, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University.
- Moyo, Clement & Khobai, Hlalefang, 2018. "Trade openness and economic growth in SADC countries," MPRA Paper 84254, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2012.
"Political cycles and economic performance in OECD countries: empirical evidence from 1951–2006,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 155-179, January.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2009. "Political cycles and economic performance in OECD countries: empirical evidence from 1951-2006," MPRA Paper 23751, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2012. "Political cycles and economic performance in OECD countries: Empirical evidence from 1951-2006," Munich Reprints in Economics 19272, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Santos, Carlos Filipe & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2014. "O nexus energia-crescimento e o nível da auto-suficiência na produção de petróleo: análise com macro painel [Energy-growth nexus and oil self-sufficiency: macro panel analysis]," MPRA Paper 57008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pilbeam, K. & Litsios, I., 2015. "An Empirical Analysis of the Nexus between Investment, Fiscal Balances and Current Account Balances in Greece, Portugal and Spain," Working Papers 15/18, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Inmaculada Mart�nez-Zarzoso & Stephan Klasen & Dierk Herzer, 2009.
"Aid and Trade - A Donor's Perspective,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 1184-1202, August.
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso & Stephan Klasen & Dierk Herzer, 2008. "Aid and Trade - A Donor´s Perspective," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 171, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann D. & Inmaculada Martínez Zarzoso & Stephan Klasen & Dierk Herzer, 2009. "Aid and Trade - A Donor’s Perspective," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 7, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Maha Kalai & Nahed Zghidi, 2019. "Foreign Direct Investment, Trade, and Economic Growth in MENA Countries: Empirical Analysis Using ARDL Bounds Testing Approach," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 10(1), pages 397-421, March.
- Salim, Ruhul & Yao, Yao & Chen, George S., 2017. "Does human capital matter for energy consumption in China?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 49-59.
- Xolisa Vayi & Andrew Phiri, 2018.
"A Sequential Panel Selection Approach to Cointegration Analysis: An Application to Wagner’s Law for South African Provincial Data,"
Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 25-39, June.
- Vayi, Xolisa & Phiri, Andrew, 2018. "A sequential panel selection approach to cointegration analysis: An application to Wagner's law for South African provincial data," MPRA Paper 88989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Shafiullah & Luke Emeka Okafor & Usman Khalid, 2019. "Determinants of international tourism demand: Evidence from Australian states and territories," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(2), pages 274-296, March.
- Angeliki N. Menegaki, 2019. "The ARDL Method in the Energy-Growth Nexus Field; Best Implementation Strategies," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(4), pages 1-16, October.
- Vinod Mishra & Ingrid Nielsen & Russell Smyth, 2010.
"On the relationship between female labour force participation and fertility in G7 countries: evidence from panel cointegration and Granger causality,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 361-372, April.
- Vinod Mishra & Ingrid Nielsen & Russell Smyth, 2006. "The Relationship Between Female Labour Force Participation And Fertility In G7 Countries: Evidence From Panel Cointegration And Granger Causality," Monash Economics Working Papers 13/06, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Égert, Balázs & Lommatzsch, Kirsten, 2004.
"Equilibrium exchange rates in the transition : the tradable price-based real appreciation and estimation uncertainty,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
9/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Bal??zs ??gert & Kirsten Lommatzsch, 2004. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates in the Transition: The Tradable Price-Based Real Appreciation and Estimation Uncertainty," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-676, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
More about this item
Keywordsexpected number of parties and candidates; contestability; entry and exit; Duverger’s Law; political competitiveness; asymmetric adjustment; ARDL and NARDL modeling;
All these keywords.
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2020-08-24 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-ORE-2020-08-24 (Operations Research)
- NEP-POL-2020-08-24 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_8387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.