Using Political Financing Reforms to Measure Campaign Spending Effects on Electoral Outcomes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:92:y:1998:i:02:p:401-411_21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernardo S. Da Silveira & João M. P. De Mello, 2011.
"Campaign Advertising and Election Outcomes: Quasi-natural Experiment Evidence from Gubernatorial Elections in Brazil,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(2), pages 590-612.
- Bernardo S. da Silveira & João Manoel Pinho de Mello, 2007. "Campaign Advertising and Election Outcomes: Quasi-Natural Experiment Evidence from Gubernatorial Elections in Brazil," Textos para discussão 550, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil), revised May 2010.
- Levitt, Steven D, 1994. "Using Repeat Challengers to Estimate the Effect of Campaign Spending on Election Outcomes in the U.S. House," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 777-798, August.
- Ruben Durante & Emilio Gutierrez, 2014. "Political Advertising and Voting Intention: Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Ads Viewership," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/26lctatf2u8, Sciences Po.
- Filip Palda & Kristian Palda, 1998.
"The impact of campaign expenditures on political competition in the French legislative elections of 1993,"
Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 157-174, January.
- Palda, Filip & Palda, Kristian, 1998. "The Impact of Campaign Expenditures on Political Competition in the French Legislative Elections of 1993," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(1-2), pages 157-174, January.
- Marie Rekkas, 2007. "The Impact of Campaign Spending on Votes in Multiparty Elections," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 573-585, August.
- Kevin Milligan & Marie Rekkas, 2008. "Campaign spending limits, incumbent spending, and election outcomes," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1351-1374, November.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:82:y:1988:i:02:p:385-403_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:105:y:2011:i:01:p:135-150_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:72:y:1978:i:02:p:469-491_15 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscampaign spending; elections; political financing reforms;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_6232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .