Green Hypocrisy?: Environmental Attitudes and Residential Space Heating Expenditure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lange, Ian & Moro, Mirko & Traynor, Laura, 2014. "Green hypocrisy?: Environmental attitudes and residential space heating expenditure," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 76-83.
- Lange, Ian & Moro, Mirko & Traynor, Laura, 2012. "Green Hypocrisy?: Environmental Attitudes and Residential Space Heating Expenditure," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2012-12, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meier, Helena & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2010.
"Determinants of residential space heating expenditures in Great Britain,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 949-959, September.
- Helena Meier & Katrin Rehdanz, 2008. "Determinants of Residential Space Heating Expenditures in Great Britain," Working Papers FNU-166, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jul 2008.
- Meier, Helena & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2008. "Determinants of residential space heating expenditures in Great Britain," Kiel Working Papers 1439, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Leth-Petersen, Soren & Togeby, Mikael, 2001. "Demand for space heating in apartment blocks: measuring effects of policy measures aiming at reducing energy consumption," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 387-403, July.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Schuler, Andreas & Weber, Christoph & Fahl, Ulrich, 2000. "Energy consumption for space heating of West-German households: empirical evidence, scenario projections and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 877-894, October.
- Nesbakken, Runa, 2001. " Energy Consumption for Space Heating: A Discrete-Continuous Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(1), pages 165-184, March.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Environmental regulation of households: An empirical review of economic and psychological factors," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 559-574, July.
- Rehdanz, Katrin, 2007.
"Determinants of residential space heating expenditures in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 167-182, March.
- Katrin Rehdanz, 2005. "Determinants Of Residential Space Heating Expenditures In Germany," Working Papers FNU-66, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Dec 2005.
- Corrado Di Maria & Susana Ferreira & Emiliya Lazarova, 2010. "Shedding Light On The Light Bulb Puzzle: The Role Of Attitudes And Perceptions In The Adoption Of Energy Efficient Light Bulbs," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(1), pages 48-67, February.
- Chialin Chen, 2001. "Design for the Environment: A Quality-Based Model for Green Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(2), pages 250-263, February.
- Kotchen, Matthew J. & Moore, Michael R., 2007.
"Private provision of environmental public goods: Household participation in green-electricity programs,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Michael R. Moore, 2004. "Private Provision of Environmental Public Goods: Household Participation in Green-Electricity Programs," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-07, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Baker, Paul & Blundell, Richard & Micklewright, John, 1989. "Modelling Household Energy Expenditures Using Micro-data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 720-738, September.
- Abrahamse, Wokje & Steg, Linda, 2009. "How do socio-demographic and psychological factors relate to households' direct and indirect energy use and savings?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 711-720, October.
- Comerford, David A., 2011. "Attenuating focalism in affective forecasts of the commuting experience: Implications for economic decisions and policy making," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 691-699.
- Diamantopoulos, Adamantios & Schlegelmilch, Bodo B. & Sinkovics, Rudolf R. & Bohlen, Greg M., 2003. "Can socio-demographics still play a role in profiling green consumers? A review of the evidence and an empirical investigation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 465-480, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Ramos & Xavier Labandeira & Andreas Löschel, 2016.
"Pro-environmental Households and Energy Efficiency in Spain,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(2), pages 367-393, February.
- Ramos, Ana & Labandeira, Xavier & Löschel, Andreas, 2015. "Pro-environmental households and energy efficiency in Spain," CAWM Discussion Papers 80, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Natalia Melgar & Irene Mussio & Maximo Rossi, 2013. "Environmental Concern and Behavior: Do Personal Attributes Matter?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0113, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Ivan Tilov & Benjamin Volland & Mehdi Farsi, 2017. "Interactions in Swiss Households' Energy Demand: A Holistic Approach," IRENE Working Papers 17-11, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Volland, Benjamin, 2017.
"The role of risk and trust attitudes in explaining residential energy demand: Evidence from the United Kingdom,"
Elsevier, pages 14-30.
- Benjamin Volland, 2016. "The Role of Risk and Trust Attitudes in Explaining Residential Energy Demand: Evidence from the United Kingdom," IRENE Working Papers 16-02, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Schmitz, Hendrik & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016.
"Heterogeneity in Price Responsiveness for Residential Space Heating in Germany,"
FCN Working Papers
5/2015, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised Nov 2016.
- Hendrik Schmitz & Reinhard Madlener, 2016. "Heterogeneity in Price Responsiveness for Residential Space Heating in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 877, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- repec:eee:joepsy:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:313-328 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Labandeira & Ana Ramos, 2012. "Household Environmental Attitudes and Energy Efficiency in Buildings: Evidence from Spanish Data," Working Papers fa08-2012, Economics for Energy.
- Chankrajang, Thanyaporn & Muttarak, Raya, 2017. "Green Returns to Education: Does Schooling Contribute to Pro-Environmental Behaviours? Evidence from Thailand," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 434-448.
- Jeżewska-Zychowicz, Marzena & Jeznach, Maria, 0. "Consumers’ Behaviours Related To Packaging And Their Attitudes Towards Environment," Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development, University of Life Sciences, Poznan, Poland, issue 3.
- Ramos, A. & Gago, A. & Labandeira, X. & Linares, P., 2015.
"The role of information for energy efficiency in the residential sector,"
Elsevier, pages 17-29.
- Ana Ramos & Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Pedro Linares, 2014. "The Role of Information for Energy Efficiency in the Residential Sector," Working Papers 04-2014, Economics for Energy.
- Ana Ramos & Xavier Labandeira & Andreas Lšschel, 2015. "Pro-Environmental Households and Energy Efficiency in Spain," Working Papers 01-2015, Economics for Energy.
More about this item
Keywordsgreen hypocrisy; heating expenditures; environmental attitudes; BHPS;
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_3852. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .