Real Estate Prices and the Importance of Bequest Taxation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giorgio Bellettini & Filippo Taddei, 2009. "Real Estate Prices and the Importance of Bequest Taxation," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 107, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2011.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernheim, B. Douglas & Lemke, Robert J. & Scholz, John Karl, 2004.
"Do estate and gift taxes affect the timing of private transfers?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2617-2634, December.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Robert J. Lemke & John Karl Scholz, 2001. "Do Estate and Gift Taxes Affect the Timing of Private Transfers?," NBER Working Papers 8333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005.
"Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals and Misperceptions,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 67-92, Fall.
- Charles P. Himmelberg & Christopher J. Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing high house prices: bubbles, fundamentals, and misperceptions," Staff Reports 218, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals, and Misperceptions," NBER Working Papers 11643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emmanuel Farhi & Iván Werning, 2010. "Progressive Estate Taxation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(2), pages 635-673.
- Emmanuel Farhi & IvÃ¡n Werning, 2007. "Inequality and Social Discounting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 365-402.
- Pelizzon, Loriana & Weber, Guglielmo, 2008.
"Are Household Portfolios Efficient? an Analysis Conditional on Housing,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(02), pages 401-431, June.
- Pelizzon, Loriana & Weber, Guglielmo, 2003. "Are Household Portfolios Efficient? An Analysis Conditional on Housing," CEPR Discussion Papers 3890, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2006. "Are Household Portfolios Efficient? An Analysis Conditional on Housing," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0021, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Loriana Pelizzon & Guglielmo Weber, 2006. "Are Household Portfolios Efficient? An Analysis Conditional on Housing," Working Papers 2006_55, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Nathalie Girouard & Mike Kennedy & Paul van den Noord & Christophe André, 2006. "Recent House Price Developments: The Role of Fundamentals," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 475, OECD Publishing.
- Jonathan McCarthy & Richard Peach, 2004. "Are home prices the next "bubble"?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-17.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven E. Saks, 2005.
"Why Have Housing Prices Gone Up?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 329-333, May.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven Saks, 2005. "Why Have Housing Prices Gone Up?," NBER Working Papers 11129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven E. Saks, 2005. "Why Have Housing Prices Gone Up?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2061, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 2003. "Is There a Bubble in the Housing Market?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 299-362.
- Carolina Fugazza & Massimo Guidolin & Giovanna Nicodano, 2007.
"Investing for the Long-run in European Real Estate,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 35-80, January.
- Carolina Fugazza & Massimo Guidolin & Giovanna Nicodano, 2006. "Investing for the long-run in European real estate," Working Papers 2006-028, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Gyourko, Joseph & Saks, Raven, 2005. "Why Is Manhattan So Expensive? Regulation and the Rise in Housing Prices," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 331-369, October.
- Hendershott, Patric H. & Pryce, Gwilym, 2006.
"The sensitivity of homeowner leverage to the deductibility of home mortgage interest,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 50-68, July.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Gwilym Pryce, 2005. "The Sensitivity of Homeowner Leverage to the Deductibility of Home Mortgage Interest," NBER Working Papers 11489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce, Donald & Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1999. "Fundamental Tax Reform and Residential Housing," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 249-271, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theodore Panagiotidis & Panagiotis Printzis, 2016.
"On the macroeconomic determinants of the housing market in Greece: a VECM approach,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 387-409, July.
- Theodore,Panagiotidis;Panagiotis,Printzis, 2015. "On the Macroeconomic Determinants of the Housing Market in Greece: A VECM Approach," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 88, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Panagiotidis, Theodore & Printzis, Panagiotis, 2015. "On the macroeconomic determinants of the housing market in Greece: a VECM approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61014, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Padula, Mario & Pica, Giovanni, 2010. "Estate Taxation and Intergenerational Transfers," CEPR Discussion Papers 7701, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Norifumi Yukutake & Shinichiro Iwata & Takako Idee, 2011. "Strategic Interaction between Inter Vivos Gifts and Housing Acquisition," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-201, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Elek, Péter & Kiss, Áron, 2010.
"Az ingatlanadó a magyar adórendszerben. Elméleti megfontolások és mikroszimulációs elemzés
[Real-estate taxation in the Hungarian tax system. Theoretical considerations and a micro-simulation analy," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 389-411.
More about this item
Keywordsreal estate prices; donations; bequest taxation;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .