Mobility in China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chen, Yi & Cowell, Frank A., 2013. "Mobility in China," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58166, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Chen, Yi & Cowell, Frank A., 2017. "Mobility in China," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65995, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jiandong Chen & Dai Dai & Ming Pu & Wenxuan Hou & Qiaobin Feng, 2010. "The trend of the Gini coefficient of China," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 10910, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Peter Gottschalk & Enrico Spolaore, 2002.
"On the Evaluation of Economic Mobility,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 191-208.
- Peter Gottschalk & Enrico Spolaore, 1998. "On the Evaluation of Economic Mobility," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 407., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter Gottschalk & Enrico Spolare, 2001. "On the Evaluation of Economic Mobility," Working Papers 2001-25, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Peter Gottschalk & Enrico Spolaore, 2000. "On the Evaluation of Economic Mobility," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 459, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 09 Apr 2001.
- Peter T. Gottschalk & Enrico Spolaore, 2000. "On the Evaluation of Economic Mobility," JCPR Working Papers 185, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Ximing Wu & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 2005.
"China's Income Distribution, 1985-2001,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 763-775, November.
- Wu, Ximing & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2005. "China's Income Distribution, 1985-2001," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt0zd6m0sf, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Shi, Xuehua & Nuetah, J. Alexander & Xin, Xian, 2010.
"Household income mobility in rural China: 1989-2006,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1090-1096, September.
- Xuehua Shi & Alexander Nuetah & Xian Xin, 2009. "Household Income Mobility in Rural China:1989-2006," Working Papers 0901, China Agricultural University, College of Economics and Management.
- Frank A. Cowell & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2018. "Measuring mobility," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 9(2), pages 865-901, July.
- Trede, Mark, 1998. "Making mobility visible: a graphical device," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 77-82, April.
- Zhang, Yingqiang & Eriksson, Tor, 2010.
"Inequality of opportunity and income inequality in nine Chinese provinces, 1989-2006,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 607-616, December.
- Zhang, Yingqiang & Eriksson, Tor, 2009. "Inequality of Opportunity and Income Inequality in Nine Chinese Provinces, 1989-2006," Working Papers 09-18, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Niny Khor & John Pencavel, 2006.
"Income mobility of individuals in China and the United States,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(3), pages 417-458, July.
- Niny Khor & John Pencavel, 2006. "Income Mobility of Individuals In China and the United States," Discussion Papers 05-009, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Khor, Niny & Pencavel, John, 2006. "Income Mobility of Individuals in China and the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 2003, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Honge Gong & Andrew Leigh & Xin Meng, 2012. "Intergenerational Income Mobility In Urban China," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(3), pages 481-503, September.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Trede Mark, 1999. "Statistical Inference for Measures of Income Mobility / Statistische Inferenz zur Messung der Einkommensmobilität," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 218(3-4), pages 473-490, June.
- Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James & Zheng, Buhong, 2004. "Mobility measurement, transition matrices and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 181-205, May.
- Ding, Ning & Wang, Yougui, 2008. "Household income mobility in China and its decomposition," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 373-380, September.
- Philippe Van Kerm, 2004.
"What Lies Behind Income Mobility? Reranking and Distributional Change in Belgium, Western Germany and the USA,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(281), pages 223-239, May.
- Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003. "What Lies Behind Income Mobility? Reranking and Distributional Change in Belgium, Western Germany and the USA," IRISS Working Paper Series 2003-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Buhmann, Brigitte, et al, 1988. "Equivalence Scales, Well-Being, Inequality, and Poverty: Sensitivity Estimates across Ten Countries Using the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) Database," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(2), pages 115-142, June.
- Kai-yuen Tsui, 2009. "Measurement of income mobility: a re-examination," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 33(4), pages 629-645, November.
- Dardanoni Valentino, 1993. "Measuring Social Mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 372-394, December.
- Shorrocks, Anthony, 1978. "Income inequality and income mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 376-393, December.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1978. "The Measurement of Mobility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1013-1024, September.
- Xuehua Shi & Xiaoyun Liu & Alexander Nuetah & Xian Xin, 2010. "Determinants of Household Income Mobility in Rural China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(2), pages 41-59.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Günter Schucher, 2014. "A Ticking “Time Bomb“? Youth Employment Problems in China," GIGA Working Paper Series 258, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsMobility Measurement; Income Distribution;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2013-05-24 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2013-05-24 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2013-05-24 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2013-05-24 (Public Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-05-24 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stippp:18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.