Making mobility visible: a graphical device
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard V. Burkhauser & John G. Poupore, 1997. "A Cross-National Comparison Of Permanent Inequality In The United States And Germany," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(1), pages 10-17, February.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 1995. "Did the middle class shrink during the 1980s? UK evidence from kernel density estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 407-413, October.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1986. "A class of generalized measures of mobility with applications," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 97-102.
- Pudney, Stephen, 1993. "Income and Wealth Inequality and the Life Cycle: A Non-parametric Analysis for China," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 249-276, July-Sept.
- Shorrocks, Anthony, 1978. "Income inequality and income mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 376-393, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donal O'Neill & Olive Sweetman & Dirk van de gaer, 1999. "Equality of Opportunity and Kernel Density Estimation: An Application to Intergenerational Mobility," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n950999, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, April.
- Dyckerhoff, Rainer & Holz, Hartmut & Mosler, Karl, 1998. "Checking for orthant orderings between discrete multivariate distributions: An algorithm," Discussion Papers in Econometrics and Statistics 1/98, University of Cologne, Institute of Econometrics and Statistics.
- Creedy, John & Gemmell, Norman, 2017. "Illustrating Income Mobility: Two New Measures," Working Paper Series 6693, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- Jantti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013.
ISER Working Paper Series
2013-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Markus Jantti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2014. "Income Mobility," Working Papers 319, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Jäntti, Markus & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013. "Income Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 7730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Markus Jäntti & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2013. "Income Mobility," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 607, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Chowdhury, Biplob & Jeyasreedharan, Nagaratnam & Dungey, Mardi, 2017. "Quantile relationships between standard, diffusion and jump betas across Japanese banks," Working Papers 2017-10, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Formby, John P. & Smith, W. James & Zheng, Buhong, 2004. "Mobility measurement, transition matrices and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 181-205, May.
- Yi Chen & Frank A. Cowell, 2017.
"Mobility in China,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(2), pages 203-218, June.
- Chen, Yi & Cowell, Frank A., 2013. "Mobility in China," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58166, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Chen, Yi & Cowell, Frank A., 2017. "Mobility in China," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65995, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Yi Chen & Frank A Cowell, 2013. "Mobility in China," STICERD - Public Economics Programme Discussion Papers 18, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Georgios Fotopoulos, 2005. "Twin - Peaks in E.U. Regional Productivity Dynamics: a nonparametric analysis," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-28, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Van Kerm, Philippe, 2006. "Comparisons of income mobility profiles," IRISS Working Paper Series 2006-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Fotopoulos, Georgios, 2006. "Nonparametric analysis of regional income dynamics: The case of Greece," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 450-457, June.
- Meligkotsidou, Loukia & Vrontos, Ioannis D. & Vrontos, Spyridon D., 2009. "Quantile regression analysis of hedge fund strategies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 264-279, March.
- Van Kerm, Philippe, 2009. "Income mobility profiles," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 93-95, February.
- D. O’Neill & O. Sweetman & D. Van De Gaer, 2002. "Consequences of Specification Error for Distributional Analysis With an Application to Intergenerational Mobility," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 02/156, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:59:y:1998:i:1:p:77-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.