A General Analysis of Sequential Merger Games with an Application to Cross-Border Mergers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Salvo, Alberto, 2004. "A general analysis of sequential merger games with an application to cross-border mergers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6732, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nilssen, Tore & Sorgard, Lars, 1998. "Sequential horizontal mergers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1683-1702, November.
- Ramon Fauli-Oller, 2000. "Takeover Waves," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 189-210, June.
- Ramon Fauli-Oller, 2000. "Takeover Waves," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 189-210, June.
- Mueller, Dennis C., 1989. "Mergers : Causes, effects and policies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Motta, Massimo, 1992.
"Sunk Costs and Trade Liberalisation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(412), pages 578-587, May.
- MOTTA, Massimo, "undated". "Sunk costs and trade liberalisation," CORE Discussion Papers RP 989, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Motta, M., 1991. "Sunk costs and trade liberalisation," CORE Discussion Papers 1991027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kamien, Morton I & Zang, Israel, 1993. "Monopolization by Sequential Acquisition," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 205-229, October.
- Motta, Massimo, 1994.
"International trade and investments in a vertically differentiated industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, pages 179-196.
- Motta, M., 1991. "International trade and investments in a vertically differentiated industry," CORE Discussion Papers 1991050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Barkoulas, John T. & Baum, Christopher F. & Chakraborty, Atreya, 2001.
"Waves and persistence in merger and acquisition activity,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 237-243, February.
- John T. Barkoulas & Christopher F. Baum & Atreya Chakraborty, 1997. "Waves and Persistence in Merger and Acquisition Activity," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 396, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 14 Dec 1999.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
- Town, R J, 1992. "Merger Waves and the Structure of Merger and Acquisition Time-Series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 83-100, Suppl. De.
- Levy, David T & Reitzes, James D, 1992. "Anticompetitive Effects of Mergers in Markets with Localized Competition," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 427-440, April.
- Perry, Martin K & Porter, Robert H, 1985. "Oligopoly and the Incentive for Horizontal Merger," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 219-227, March.
- Bittlingmayer, George, 1985. "Did Antitrust Policy Cause the Great Merger Wave?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 77-118, April.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1990. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 465-499.
- Raymond Deneckere & Carl Davidson, 1985. "Incentives to Form Coalitions with Bertrand Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 473-486.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1983. "Natural Oligopolies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1469-1483, September.
- Matsushima, Noriaki, 2001. "Horizontal Mergers and Merger Waves in a Location Model," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 263-286, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yasuhiko Nakamura, 2011. "Strategic managerial delegation and cross-border mergers," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 49-89, September.
- Fumagalli, Eileen & Vasconcelos, Helder, 2006. "Cross-Border Merger Waves," CEPR Discussion Papers 5601, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsMergers; sequential mergers; cross-border investment; technology transfer.;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stieip:36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp .