Preemptive mergers under spatial competition
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 21 (2003)
Issue (Month): 10 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nilssen, T. & Sogard, L., 1995.
"Sequential Horizontal Mergers,"
04-95, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Raymond Deneckere & Carl Davidson, 1985. "Incentives to Form Coalitions with Bertrand Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 473-486, Winter.
- Sven-Olof Fridolfsson & Johan Stennek, 2001.
"Why Mergers Reduce Profits and Raise Share Prices: A Theory of Preemptive Mergers,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 01-26, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Sven-Olof Fridolfsson & Johan Stennek, 2005. "Why Mergers Reduce Profits And Raise Share Prices-A Theory Of Preemptive Mergers," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(5), pages 1083-1104, 09.
- FRIDOLFSSON, Sven-Olof & STENNEK, Johan, 1999. "Why mergers reduce profits, and raise share prices: A theory of preemptive mergers," Working Papers 1999018, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-73592 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levin, D., 1988.
"Horizontal Mergers: The 50 Percent Bench-Mark,"
19, Houston - Department of Economics.
- repec:lan:wpaper:847 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kamien, Morton I & Zang, Israel, 1990.
"The Limits of Monopolization through Acquisition,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 465-99, May.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1987. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," Discussion Papers 754, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1988. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," Discussion Papers 802, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Salant, Stephen W & Switzer, Sheldon & Reynolds, Robert J, 1983. "Losses from Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-99, May.
- Levy, David T & Reitzes, James D, 1992. "Anticompetitive Effects of Mergers in Markets with Localized Competition," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 427-40, April.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2001. "Cost-reducing horizontal mergers that leave prices unchanged in models of spatial competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 421-427, June.
- Bouckaert, J.M.C., 1996. "Essays in competition with product differentiation and bargaining in markets," Other publications TiSEM 263eec47-d932-4065-8be2-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Braid, Ralph M., 1999. "The price and profit effects of horizontal mergers in two-dimensional spatial competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 113-119, January.
- Perry, Martin K & Porter, Robert H, 1985. "Oligopoly and the Incentive for Horizontal Merger," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 219-27, March.
- Vickrey, William S. & Anderson, Simon P. & Braid, Ralph M., 1999. "Spatial competition, monopolistic competition, and optimum product diversity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 953-963, October.
- R Rothschild, 1998.
"Horizontal merger under spatial price discrimination,"
539474, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- R Rothschild, . "Horizontal Merger under Spatial Price Discrimination," Working Papers ec7/98, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Ziss, Steffen, 2001. "Horizontal mergers and delegation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 471-492, March.
- von Ungern-Sternberg, Thomas, 1991. "Monopolistic Competition on the Pyramid," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 355-68, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:21:y:2003:i:10:p:1601-1622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.