Testing for Structural Stability in the Whole Sample
The paper examines a Lagrange Multiplier type test for the constancy of the parameter in general models with dependent data without imposing any arti…cial choice of the possible location of the break. In order to prove the asymptotic behaviour of the test, we extend a strong approximation result for partial sums of a sequence of random variables. We also present a Monte-Carlo experiment to examine the …nite sample performance of the test and how it compares with tests which assume some knowledge of the possible location of the break.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/default.asp|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shao, Q. M., 1995. "Strong Approximation Theorems for Independent Random Variables and Their Applications," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 107-130, January.
- D. W. K. Andrews, 2003. "End-of-Sample Instability Tests," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1661-1694, November.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993.
"Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 821-856, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 943, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- P. M. Robinson, 1998. "Inference-Without-Smoothing in the Presence of Nonparametric Autocorrelation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1163-1182, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stiecm:561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.