Atraso tecnológico, atraso social: uma investigação sobre as relações entre produção científico-tecnológica e desenvolvimento humano no Brasil [Technological backwardness, social backwardness: an investigation on the relationships among science, technology, and human development in Brazil]
This article evaluates the relationship between scientific and technological production and the degree of human development in Brazil, on a municipal level. The variables used can be divided into seven groups: human development index, urban infrastructure, cultural infrastructure, incentives policies, education, health and scientific technological production. We used Negative Binomial Hurdle model. The results show a strong relationship between cultural infra-structure and scientific technological production, which shows that such production is associated both with the indices of human development and with those of existence of poverty.
|Date of creation:||May 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
Fax: +55 31 3201-3657
Web page: http://www.cedeplar.ufmg.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abramovitz,Moses, 1989. "Thinking about Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521333962, May.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. C. Cameron & P. K. Trivedi & Frank Milne & J. Piggott, 1988. "A Microeconometric Model of the Demand for Health Care and Health Insurance in Australia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 85-106.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdp:texdis:td197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Britto)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.