Seasonal Cycles in the Housing Market
The housing market exhibits a puzzling yet repetitive seasonal boom and bust cycle where prices and trade volume rise in summers and fall in winters. This paper presents a search model that analytically generates the observed deterministic cycle.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0) 29 20874417
Fax: +44 (0) 29 20874419
Web page: http://business.cardiff.ac.uk/research/academic-sections/economics/working-papers
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ferraris, Leo & Watanabe, Makoto, 2011. "Collateral fluctuations in a monetary economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(5), pages 1915-1940, September.
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005.
"Log-concave probability and its applications,"
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, 08.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979.
"Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-90, October.
- Silvana Tenreyro & Rachel Ngai, 2009.
"Hot And Cold Seasons in the Housing Market,"
2009 Meeting Papers
955, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ngai, Liwa Rachel & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2013. "Hot and Cold Seasons in the Housing Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 9427, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- L.Rachel Ngai & Silvana Tenreyro, 2008. "Hot and cold seasons in the housing markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4994, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- L. Rachel Ngai & Silvana Tenreyro, 2009. "Hot and cold seasons in the housing market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25497, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- L. Rachel Ngai & Silvana Tenreyro, 2013. "Hot and cold seasons in the housing market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54251, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- L. Rachel Ngai & Silvana Tenreyro, 2009. "Hot and Cold Seasons in the Housing Market," CEP Discussion Papers dp0922, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- John Thanassoulis & David Gill, 2010. "The Optimal Marketing Mix of Posted Prices, Discounts and Bargaining," Economics Series Working Papers 479, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Krainer, John, 2001. "A Theory of Liquidity in Residential Real Estate Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 32-53, January.
- Ferraris, Leo & Watanabe, Makoto, 2008.
"Collateral secured loans in a monetary economy,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 405-424, November.
- Wolinsky, Asher, 1988. "Dynamic Markets with Competitive Bidding," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 71-84, January.
- John L. Goodman, Jr., 1993. "A Housing Market Matching Model of the Seasonality in Geographic Mobility," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(1), pages 117-138.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdf:wpaper:2012/1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Webb)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.